Sign in to follow this  
prpldude

another Newb question

prpldude

Ok so what does this do? Dial-A-Hite control rod. I think it has something to do with the mower deck height... B) should the back wheels on the mower deck touch the ground on a flat surface when the deck is raised???

Any help would be much appreciated..

refracman

None of mine have it, all hydros .So i would be guess that the deal a height is for the snow plow and implements rather then the controling the deck hieght.

Yup your deck wheels should be on the ground.

rustbucket

no idea but as seen most of the experts have chimed in.

TT

The Dial-A-Hite control works best with rear mounted implements such as furrowers, cultivators, rototillers, or moldboard plows. It's there basically to consistently keep the depth of each consecutive pass.

It can also come in handy for leveling dirt with the dozer or grader blade, but I prefer to regulate the height by hand.

I can't remember your exact model of tractor, but the rubber stops on the deck carriage should be against the bottoms of the footrest boards when the deck is in the travel position. You may need to adjust the lift linkage to gain more height. If your deck is set to the highest cutting position the wheels will be very close to the ground when the deck is raised, but they shouldn't touch on a level surface.

prpldude

Great.. TY for the help... I"ll adjust the lift linkage a bit then... it does seem like there is a lot of "slop" when I raise and lower the deck...

TT

Perhaps this will help you:

cb9bc073.jpg

mailman

Hey TT, Thats a great pic for help. Definately a saver!

Thanks.

prpldude

Yes TT ty for the pic... that will help alot.