Sign in to follow this  
Old Ways

Any info on this disc?

Old Ways

Its a drawbar disc I picked up at PAPD this year for pretty decent, and I wanted to know any info about it, and if its worth anything.  I haven't seen another.  The decal looks correct, and was painted around so someone knew enough about it to do that.  Any info is appreciated.

post-5149-0-10183400-1365903794_thumb.jp

post-5149-0-75522800-1365903812_thumb.jp

B-100 Dan

I've never seen a double section like that.  Had a single section a few years back, but that's not to say Wheel Horse didn't make one.  Maybe some one made it by joining 2 single sections together.  Should work good though, put some cement blocks on it for weight.

Old Ways

I've never seen a double section like that.  Had a single section a few years back, but that's not to say Wheel Horse didn't make one.  Maybe some one made it by joining 2 single sections together.  Should work good though, put some cement blocks on it for weight.

I was using 4 suitcase weights, weighing around 166lbs.  Cut in just fine.

Its nicer than the pics show, its been powder-coated.  Its just dirty from being used.

brandonozz

That is a really nice disc and would love to have it.  Great find!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the discs on the front row on the wrong side?  It looks like the front right should be moved to the front left and vice-versa.  It appears that the discs, when angled, will put the back side of the disc forward.  The discs should open the "concave" side more toward the front when adjusted with more angle.  That would give you more "bite" into the dirt for turning ground.

gwest_ca

Garry

6wheeler

That is a really nice disc and would love to have it.  Great find!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the discs on the front row on the wrong side?  It looks like the front right should be moved to the front left and vice-versa.  It appears that the discs, when angled, will put the back side of the disc forward.  The discs should open the "concave" side more toward the front when adjusted with more angle.  That would give you more "bite" into the dirt for turning ground.

That is a nice tandem disc. I think they were made in the early to mid 60's.The front gang is backwards. All you have to do is take the mounting bolts off and switch the complete axles from side to side. The front gang disc blades should concave outward and the rear gang blades inward. The PO probably put them on backwards after painting it. The object is to make them cut in different directions to create a stirring effect. Discs are used to break up dirt clods in an already plowed or tilled field or garden, and/or to incorporate herbicides or fertilizers into the top 3" or 4" inches of soil for planting. I also see there is a drawbar on the rear. That would be great to hook 1 section of a drag on the rear to really finish the seed bed. Very nice find.

Whmaverick

Hope that's not a rag in the gas can. Ever heard of a Molotov cocktail?