Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

NEW MULTI-METER

stevasaurus

Just got my hands on this Triplett Multi-Meter...model #666-R.  New batteries and it works great.  I was wondering if any of you electricians have ever seen one of these and how old it might be.  I'm guessing 1950's, but I can't seem to find any information. :)  Title should read "NEW MULTI-METER".

2012_0416meters0002_zps795be84d.jpg

2012_0416meters0003_zps744ccebe.jpg

2012_0416meters0004_zps71d338ca.jpg

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

Sparky

Nice looking unit, not all beat up. I got into the trade in the mid 80's and the digital stuff was coming on strong.

Mike............

PS...fixed the title for ya...

• Like 1

JimD

Here are a couple links to some more information on it....

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/triplett_666_r666_vom.html

and the manual...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/50771794/Triplett-Model-666-R-Manual

and another with more on the device and others made by Triplett.

Nice find, looks like it was made in 1951, a very good year if I do say so myself. :ychain:

• Like 1

WH nut

Looks like a nice unit, they dont build them like that anymore

BOWTIE

YOU WERE LUCKY TO FINE THAT ONE. I JUST BOUGHT A NEW ONE LAST MONTH. MY ORIGINAL 1971 ANALOG MICRONTA VOM QUIT. I BOUGHT NEW FULLSIZE ANALOG THAT WAS MADE IN DAYTON,OHIO. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND A LARGE DIAL ANALOG METER NOW A DAYS AND THEN MADE IN USA $40 TO MY DOOR.

BOWTIE

• Like 1

Shuboxlover

That's pretty dang neat!!!!!

squonk

Great! First trees and now electricity. What are we going to do with you! :naughty::ychain::)

• Like 1

JamesBe1

I have calibrated and repaired many of them (and the like) when I was in the service.  Great little meter - built to last a lifetime.  Simpson & Triplett both made great meters.

tzthompson

post-7244-0-25858700-1366140113.jpgI too have a Triplett 666 although mine is the HH model.  Not sure of the dating, but the the registration card required a 1 cent stamp.  Along with my Wheel Horse tractors I also enjoy building some 50s and 60s  tube type guitar amps occasionally.  I mostly use digital multimeters, but every now and then I pull out the Triplett to check something and to admire its design and function. I was very surprised to see your post!post-7244-0-25858700-1366140113.jpgpost-7244-0-13783100-1366140156.jpgpost-7244-0-97570300-1366140188.jpg

• Like 1

Don1977

I'm old school and I like an analog meter. Don't like digital meters that can't make up there mine.