Sign in to follow this  
47JDG

JOHN DEERE mowing deck ID question

47JDG

I am trying to I.D this deck. It came on a 210 model garden tractor I bought. Although it mounts to the tractor, it is obviously not the correct deck for it because when you lift the deck the tension spring for the belt on the deck rubs on the drive belt from the engine to the deck. Also, you can't fully lift this deck to the highest position. I am guessing it belongs on a lawn tractor like a 111 model. I tried to do a parts I.D search with the serial number tag on the Deere website but couldn't come up with a solution. If someone here can help steer me to what it correctly fits I would really appreciate it. The deck is for sale, I just want to know what it goes on so I can represent it correctly. Thank you!

post-8921-0-23871800-1365812439_thumb.jp

post-8921-0-16812200-1365812454.jpg

6wheeler

I will go out and look when the snow lets up this afternoon. But, it looks like the deck on my STX 38. Do you have the exhaust shield? On mine it faces almost straight back and windrows the clippings.

47JDG

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Yes I do have the safety exhaust shield. Mine was the same way, I took it off so the grass would spread out better. It was also in the way when I would back the tractor back into its spot in the garage.

T-Mo

It's a 38 inch deck for the 316 Onan, 318, 322, 330 and 332 garden tractors.  The "M00664X" in the id plate is the model number and is what identifies the deck.  That model number is for the tractors I've listed.

47JDG

Thank you