Sign in to follow this  
Tankman

520-8 Dozer Adaptor(s)

Tankman

Currently using dozers on both 400 WH tractors.

I am thinking of mounting one of the blades to my '90 520-8 WH.

How long must I increase the length of the frame? I could do this myself.

Increasing the length means (towards the rear) move the lift attachment towards the rear the same distance?

Or, does anyone have the extension and lift extension for mounting dozer to 500 series for sale?

Sparky

I sold my extension kit, but it moved it forward 4 inches.

Mike..........

Tankman

4" it will be. Then the lift point moves toward the rear?

Sparky

Correct.

Mike.......

Tankman

Correct.

Mike.......

Thanks Mike! Can do. 30-40 years ago made my own mounting ass'y., easy enough.

I also made some decks using 316 SS 16ga steel. They were rear discharge, used the cast iron WH blade mounts. Geeze were they nice, I never picked up a magnet!

The angle actuation arm / lever moves forward 4" without any problem(s)?

You've answered with authority! Are you a CT Scholar? :smile:

I have my Dad's birth certificate from Derby, CT 1924.

Sparky

A scholar!! :ychain:  Not even close!

The angling lever moves back by way of an angle or offset bent into the lever which brings it closer to the operator by 4"+ or -. The lever mounting point on the plow frame doesn't change. Unfortunately my old computer "passed away" this winter and I have lost all my pictures of the kit. I know I posted them on here somewhere, I'll try to find them.

Mike................

• Like 1

Shuboxlover

I have an extension kit (minus the lever) if you are interested....send me a PM if you are.

Tankman

The angling lever moves back by way of an angle or offset bent into the lever which brings it closer to the operator by 4"+ or -. The lever mounting point on the plow frame doesn't change. Unfortunately my old computer "passed away" this winter and I have lost all my pictures of the kit. I know I posted them on here somewhere, I'll try to find them.

Mike................

Mike, might there be a part number for the kit? I could "maybe" find the manual or instructions,

I've cut and welded the angle lever in the past using flat bar. Or, my reach is enough perhaps I don't need to modify the lever.

At any rate, I have a feelin' we'll be mowin' instead of pushing snow. Much nicer, the smell of freshly cut grass instead of frozen finger tips. :smile:

Tankman

I have an extension kit (minus the lever) if you are interested....send me a PM if you are.

Interested for sure, sent a PM.

My poor Schnauzer is gettin' old. I purchased him as a pup at a football game in Lincoln in October '01, sight unseen.

Great game, Huskers vs. Iowa State. :smile:

Sparky

Mike................

I've cut and welded the angle lever in the past using flat bar. Or, my reach is enough perhaps I don't need to modify the lever.

The offset in the angle lever is not just to make it more reachable but to keep it away from the PTO bell when its in its most forward position. My extension parts came on a plow I bought used so I don't have a model# for the kit or any of the individual pieces.

Mike.............

Sparky

Heres a couple pics for reference.

post-2-0-39146200-1365457093.jpg

post-2-0-15230700-1365457101.jpg

post-2-0-69891900-1365457146_thumb.jpg

Mike...........

Tankman

Thanks Mike, pictures say a thousand words.

The center lift extension, what is the long bolted arm (or whatever) secured to?

PS. Nice looking stallions in the background. Still have 'em?

Sparky

The "U" channel piece goes between the plow frame rails behind the original lift point. The short arm bolts into the hole of the original lift point and that is what keeps the part in the proper place. The long arm was my solid lift link. You can see it in this picture I snagged from someone else's post here on Redsquare.

Mike.............

post-2-0-42980500-1365465852.jpg

Tankman

Thanks Sparky.

Looks simple enough. Now, if I had some 12ga and a brake I'd be runnin'. I mean plowing.

I did read somewhere, shift to the rear is 4-1/2" (?).

Seems a bit weak (formed channel for the lift link) but, since I will be welding I'll just locate and weld.

I guessing but, as assembled in the pic, would work on my 400's or 520. Different lift link and rear attachment would just stick out the back.

Thanks again for the picture. :smile: