Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Got "one of those jobs" done

Stigian

You all know "those" sort of jobs, yes thats it, the kind of job you put off for as long as poss for no real reason B)

This job involved sorting the battery mounting out on my 312-8, as much to my shame the batt had been held in place with a block of wood, a bungie strap and some duct tape B)B)

When i pulled apart the AYP i got from freecycle a long while back, i kept the under seat battery box just for this very job.

With only a slight bit of trimming one side it fitted a treat :whistle:

Not wanting to drill any extra holes in the 'orses body work, i drilled out the rivets that hold the hood strap hook B) 's and put in some small bolts to hold everything in place :banghead:

The two lumps of wood were screwed together and screwed up through the bottom of the batt box to keep them where they are, and to keep the batt held firm :banghead:

The battery is from a Kawasaki Gpz305, and despite its small size the 312 never fails to start first turn of the key :banghead::banghead:

100_4039.jpg

100_4040.jpg

Docwheelhorse

HI--looks like a neat enough job ---BUT--- how does that litlle itty bitty motorcycle battery have enough gumption to turn over the Kohler B) DO you run those all the time or did you "find" it and used it like we all do---ANY 12 volt battery that is charged will work for now (which turns into forever--or until the battery quits!!) :whistle:

TOny

Stigian

Hi Tony, i don't run bike batts all the time although maybe i should if they all work the same as this little one B)

I bought that batt new 2 maybe 3 years ago for the kwacker 305 to get it running, and then broke the bike up B)

2-ish years later it was dragged out the cupboard, charged up and put in the 312 when i pinched the batt out of it for the Raider 10 B)

Its a great little battery, i know the 312 will start first time every time and has done for the past 5-sh months :whistle:

BairleaFarm

If it works run it. Ive done worse B)

mcwh1950

a lot of the old mtd take the same battery