Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

Lift Bar for Front Reel Mower

Lane Ranger

I have a front reel mower which is in very good condition that I bought last year.   The mower has a lift bar that was fabricated from steel rod that is not original.  

I would like to see if one of the Red Square members who has one of these can help me with the dimensions on the # 2520 Lift Bar ( from the LMR-307 front reel mower manual).   The one I have will work but I would like to see if I can fabricate a lift bar the was closed to the original design. 

I started this am to get this ready to mow with and noticed that the gear box for the PTO side drive pulley was upside down.   So I am turning that around and filling with gear oil.   The lift bar goes in the hole that is suppose to be on the bottom of the gear box  -not at the top like in this photo on my reel mower.

post-339-0-00807200-1364649282_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-53252200-1364649311_thumb.jpg

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Lane Ranger

Lane Ranger

Filled the gear box with gear oil and decided to remove the wooden rollers on the back and paint them black.   The clutch bar attachment actually goes on with the gear box facing the tractor -pulley on top. 

Gear Box and Pulley for PTO to tractor

Rear Wooden Rollers -5 for the Wheel Horse LMR-307 Front Reel Mower

I just was looking at the front attach-a-matic plate on the B-80 and had a thought that one of these front reel mowers might fit on a B or C model as long as you had the right sized belt to attach to the PTO.

Has anyone ever tried this ?     Any photos or lessons learned by doing so?

KC9KAS

Nice looking reel mower you have there.

I used to help a neighbor mow his lawn. He had a golf cart and pulled a 5 gang (reel) mower. It really did a great job of cutting the grass, but a cigarette butt or twig would cause a reel to stop and leave a path of uncut grass.

Using the golf cart all of the neighborhood kids got an opportunity to ride!

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Ken:  A gang mower would be great for an acre or more of lawn/yard.  

I am not sure I should even be thinking about using this front reel mower on my lawn this summer-but I would like to see how well they work.  The videos and photos  other owners of these attachments have posted on Red Square are enticing me into trying this!

I still need some help with a part for the front reel mower.

Again if anyone with one of these mowers can help me out with the dimensions of the part I do not have - the #2520 LIFT Bar for the Front Reel Mower (this is the part number from the LMR-307 Manual on the Red Square website) please let me know.

Thank you!