Sign in to follow this  
Tom.

wheel horse c141

Tom.

Hi all euro members,

I got my wheel horse out today as it wasn't too cold and gave it a run around. It is a C-141 8 speed and it starts and runs well but she does smoke. I have ordered some piston rings so next week I will hopefully fit them.. I am not looking forward to that! Although it means I have to take the engine off and it gives me a chance to paint the chassis etc. I only hooked up my plastic cart today as it was outside and my other "selection" of trailers were in my shed!! I only really use the wheel horse for towing and playing around! Sorry about the dirtiness on the wheel horse I need to give it a good clean down, haha!

Tom

more pictures

post-9619-0-80644100-1364496789_thumb.jp

post-9619-0-00224000-1364496899_thumb.jp

post-9619-0-16788600-1364496916_thumb.jp

post-9619-0-88353100-1364497078_thumb.jp

post-9619-0-30215700-1364497100_thumb.jp

Anglo Traction

Look's in good condition paint-wise Tom. If there is not much rust, I wouldn't bother with a repaint. Just clean n polish it up.

Trailer look's like an Agri Fab?.

Engine is not  diffuicult to sort out. Follow the Service Manual and you can't go wrong.

If you get stuck, just ask. There are plenty of experts on here. 

Tom.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is quite good, I am still unsure whether to repaint or not. I will have a think, but as you say there may be no point as it's my "work horse". The trailer is not an agri-fab, it's called a toby truck, I bought it from a local dealer.

Luckily enough I have all manuals etc so that will help but as you said this forum is filled with experts!

Tom.

Stigian

Hi Tom, that's a great looking C-141. I'd leave it as it is and not repaint it... Give it a clean then wipe any rusty bit's with an oily rag to stop any rust growing.

meadowfield

Looks good, like the others sayid just enjoy it!

Tom.

Hi guys,

Thanks for comments. I am going to leave it as it is for now because it is good condition overall. I will get some more pictures of it next week when I'm using it but I need to get the rings finished and also finish off my little project for it!

Tom