Wh416H

Good deal on it couldn't pass it uppost-9786-136390867843_thumb.jpg

post-9786-136390879083_thumb.jpg

post-9786-13639088796_thumb.jpg

Wh416H

Put a new battery and solenoid in it and it fire right up

Rock farmer

Put a new battery and solenoid in it and it fire right up

You gotta love that! My last.two purchases just needed coils. Nice looking cub!

Joe

Wh416H

I picked It up for free they just wanted it gone

I was looking for a wheel horse but could not pass it up do it came home with me

Wh416H

So it came home with me

Tankman

Nice lookin' Cub but, you paid too much for it! :smile:

My Grandsons keep asking for Deere's and Cub's but, I tell them, all red here! :smile:

But Pop-Pop you had a Cub. Yes I owned two, very nice machines, but sold them to

purchase more Stallions!

Wh416H

I'm on the hunt for a wheel horse to redo. If I sale the cub it's all profit that's the nice thing

Wh416H

But I will keep the cub to more then likely and have two horses to pull it out when it's stuck

Wh416H

Won't be the first time I had to pull a tractor out with my wheel horsepost-9786-136391748063_thumb.jpg As u can see

posifour11

At that price, I'll take a truckload.

rustyoldjunk

I have one just like it that i got for free also,that i have to pick up this weekend.Mine looks good and has a nice deck but,also has a blown engine.It will be trading or selling material because the 1100 has a aluminum Briggs and a Peerless trans.

Wh416H

It's not the good cubs but for free I couldn't pass up

Wheel-N-It

Why do you say its not the good cub??? Its an International Harvester.

Not trying to say you don't know what you are talking about. I'm just curious. I like IH Cubs. I have a 1650 with the K-341. What model is it? I can't quite make it out on my computer. I always enjoy seeing some yellow here on Red Square.

diesel cowboy

Not trying to say you don't know what you are talking about. I'm just curious. I like IH Cubs. I have a 1650 with the K-341. What model is it? I can't quite make it out on my computer. I always enjoy seeing some yellow here on Red Square.

Thats an 1100 cadet. It was the cheap version of the time.  11hp Briggs that they discontinued and no longer make any parts for and a 4 speed peeless trans.  The engine is a weird setup, with the carb and air cleaner on the opposite side of the block from the intake valve.  It was a decent mowing tractor but when it came to a tiller or snowblower it just wasnt as good as your 1650 or one of the other models with a kohler and the 3 speed or hydro trans.  At one point Cub Cadet put out a service buliten for an engine replacement for the 482 which was basicaly the same other than the hoods and side panels.  It was for putting in a 14 hp Briggs v-twin from their newer 1440 model and at the bottom of the buliten it said that it should work for the 1100 as well with a couple other modifications.

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Thats an 1100 cadet. It was the cheap version of the time.  11hp Briggs that they discontinued and no longer make any parts for and a 4 speed peeless trans.  The engine is a weird setup, with the carb and air cleaner on the opposite side of the block from the intake valve.  It was a decent mowing tractor but when it came to a tiller or snowblower it just wasnt as good as your 1650 or one of the other models with a kohler and the 3 speed or hydro trans.  At one point Cub Cadet put out a service buliten for an engine replacement for the 482 which was basicaly the same other than the hoods and side panels.  It was for putting in a 14 hp Briggs v-twin from their newer 1440 model and at the bottom of the buliten it said that it should work for the 1100 as well with a couple other modifications.

Thank you Stewart. I was not expecting a good answer like this so soon. I also sent you a "Thank You" for your post about Cub Low Boy's. I knew the engine in the CC was not Kohler, but could not tell exactly what it was.

Wh416H

It's in good shape so I think I'm going to fix it up and use it to cut the grass. It's just another one to add to the collection. I may be going to look at a cub 109 and a wheel horse c125 tomorrow. My wife my kill me if I bring one home so don't know if I'm going or not yet.

Wh416H

So now I don't have to take the loader off my horse to put the mower deck on to cut the grass that's a pain.