Sign in to follow this  
keg

mosquitto fogger

keg

hi all does anyone have an old blitz type mosquito fogger atatched to there tractor and still use it ? or has any one made one simmilar i would like to build one of these to use around the house and hunting camp. i would like some pics and maybe specs on something like that thanks in advance. i was planing on puting it on my 314-8 that has a stack muffler on it

SousaKerry

Just add some sand to your crank case and wallah instant mosquito fogger.... :ychain: :ychain: :teasing-poke:

I think there was some posts about this subject this past summer.

try this

keg

the link to that thread is kinda what im wanting to do. i wonder if you hafto have the lower muffler or can you just use stack? THE STACK WOULD PROBLY BLOW IT IN YOUR FACE I GUESS? I COULD USE MY 502 OR 520 WITH STOCK EXHAUST. sorry just realized i hit caps oops. and also if any one uses this what is the best cemical? like malathon or the black *** fogger spray.p.s sousakerry2 i did have a wh that smoked that bad or worse till i rebuilt the engine lol    thanks that was a helpful thread.i knew i had seen some on here in the past but couldnt find them

sorekiwi

I read up on this a while back, thinking it might be useful at my place.  I have about 30 acres of swamp behind me and a creek running through my property and as such have some mosquito issues in summer.

The chemicals scared me away.  Too much damage to "beneficial" insects and wildlife. 

BTW I'm not a crazy greenie, I've been a fan of fossil burning vehicles all my life, and hope to make a serious hole in the population of squirrels, english sparrows and starlings this year.  But I didnt like what I read about the effective fogger chemicals.

I would avoid a stack system.  Probably fab something up that would dump the exhaust/gas as low as possible.  Avoid breathing it as much as possible.  And hopefully avoid poisoning the dog.

dbartlett1958

Yep,

If one does go this route, make a custom exhaust that dumps below and behind you while operating.

keg

yea that does sound like a beter plan.rear exhaust. ive had those hand held propane foggers and they work good. i was just figuring on steping up a notch because the skeeters around here will tote you away. i also live near swamp. and yes always wear a respirator (not dust mask) wile performing any chemical spraying.a friend of mine has a rear engine 14 hp snapper with super low to the ground exhaust were gonna try it on his first. :techie-eureka:

steve k

I soldered some 1/4" copper tubing in to the side of a coffee can and put a small compression fitting valve inline the ran the copper tubing down to the exhaust pipe on my 211-5. I would pour insecticide in the can run the engine  a bit to warm the exhaust the open the valve a small amount.   :wicked:

I would run it in the top and bottom of the barn (no animals) to keep flies, ants termites, and other vermin at bay!!    All I can say is you may want to inform your local fire chief of whats going on first......