Sign in to follow this  
brandonozz

Very Interesting Guide for a 3 PT

brandonozz

Well I was looking for a transaxle for a D200 that I have that is cracked (bolt in diff came out).  I came across this find for a reasonable price and figured that would get me going and extra parts to boot.  With the only problem being a shredded motor from the tractor being towed I may try to get it up and running as well : )  The tractor came with some good extras - front cast weights, pto shaft, three point and tire chains - cant beat that!

The interesting thing was what was mounted on the rear fender.  The PO inherited the tractor from his grandfather and he has fabbed up a "guide" to tell him the elevation of the 3 PT.  As the lift is raised or lowered the aluminum indicator (with marks on it) will slide forward and backward.  Take a look at the pics and tell me what you think.  I know he had the rear lift pinned so he would have down pressure and this would indicate just how deep he was plowing, tilling, etc...  I have never used a three point but I can see how it would be nice to lower the impliment down to the same height every time.

Also note the aluminum fuel tank.  I have never seen one like this so I guess it is a custom built tank.  Builder did a pretty good job!

post-4057-0-57238100-1363747512_thumb.jp

post-4057-0-04919500-1363747533_thumb.jp

post-4057-0-47017000-1363747551_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Whmaverick

Yep, I can see how that would be handy.

SALTYWRIGHT

i am going to build one for my gt-14. very nice.

SousaKerry

Never underestimate the creativity of the old timers..