Sign in to follow this  
Agage1

D180 value

Agage1

Was driving today And saw a d180 for sale. It's weathered pretty good but the guy started it up and it sounded ok. Comes with a dirt blade and he's asking 500. He said there's a bad seal in the trans but he has the part. The price seems fair to me but what do u guys think?

70sVintageTrikes

Its worth what you feel comfortable paying for it.

pacer

Very difficult to answer something like this --- but, I can give this comment ... I would give twice $500 for my 1975 D18  have had for the last 20+ years, and I have beat it like an orphan in a Dickens novel!! and the da** thing just "keeps on a ticking"

• Like 2

JackC

$500 is not a bad price.  Dirt blade or snow plow?  The dirt blades go for $200 plus. The snow plows $150 or less.  If it has the 3 point hitch grab it.  Mower decks are $150 plus.  The D's make good snow plows and yard mules.  They grow on you.

brybrychrismer

500$ isnt to bad i paid 1000$ for the one i just got. I had to put a little work into it it came with the 3pt hitch and the dozer blade. i was lucky and picked up a deck for 125$.003_zps3abae675.jpg

KC9KAS

I have a D-200 with 3 pt lift, loader (not on it now) grader blade, tiller & 60" finish mower, as well as a blade to replace the FEL bucket, and I would say $500 is a good deal on the D-180.

bitten

I would say $500 isnt bad if you are willing to pay that much and put some work into it. Not sure what trans seal you have to replace but if you are able to do the work you would be on your way to owning a work horse. I use the snot out of my D.

fabricator2009

I think its a good deal. go for it.

pfrederi

Price may be reasonable.  First get it warmed up and put against an immovable object.  If it will spin the rear wheels with you on it. go for it.

Incidentally the seal he is offering you is worth about $5..

Agage1

I called him up he said it came 60" deck and dozer blade and does have 3 pt. Hitch.

Marv

I would have it on my trailer so fast he could't change his mind. Obviously my opinion is it is worth every penny.

Marvin

855ownerJoel

I would jump on that.  I have not seen anything, nothing, notta, in my area for anywhere near that cheap.  They are like GOLD.  Let us see pics if your grab it.

JackC

It would be locked in my garage by now and I already have 2 Ds.

Agage1

Just lost it. Called the guy on my way home from work and it just left. I'm really regreting not jumping on that

chrisd200(inactive)

Dang Man, That Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a killer deal. The 60" mower and the 3 point alone were worth more than he was asking.

Agage1

Yeah I feel bad after reading all you guys posts. I don't know much about the d's at all. Had I known all this before I would have bought it two weeks ago

JackC

Other amazing deals will come up.