Sign in to follow this  
artfull dodger

Mikes IH CC 105

artfull dodger

Here is what replaced my beater 518 Horse.  Swapped the previous owner of this nice tractor the 518 for it.  Got the tractor and mower deck.  Then I got him to throw in a beater snow blade he had laying in the back 40.  The cub and mower deck just need a good wax and buff job.  The only part I plan to paint at this time are the front rims, which have the usual rust from the PO's letting cut grass stay stuck to them all the time.  Cheers  Mike

cubcadet_zps308f9eba.jpg

cubcadet012_zps1b65d1c0.jpg

• Like 3

Kelly

Clean looking tractor

Jake Kuhn

Very nice Cub Mike! :handgestures-thumbup:

Ken B

I think you made a pretty good choice Mike. At first I was on the fence but after this round of pictures its pretty easy to see that it a real nice original tractor. The Original seat alone is usually long gone and its highly sought after when in decent shape. If it were me I'd take it off and put a crappy one on in the cold weather as that is when they tend to crack. You even got him to throw in the I.H. weights. Back in the day I had a 125 with hydraulic lift, very capable machine. Good luck with it.

T-Mo

I had a few CCs in my day.  At one time I had three 104s, which is the same as your 105, but with the 3 speed gear drive.  The only drawback to the earlier hydros in the Cubs was having the motion control lever on the left - that took some time to get used to.  Now you just need to go out and get yourself a hydraulic lift unit for it.

artfull dodger

Those Hyd lift units are not cheap!  I have several other options I want first before I even consider that one.  First up is headlights, find the rest of the pieces for the rear lift.  complete rototiller set up and the brinly adapter for my moldboard plow.  I will put a spring assist on the manual lift for now.  That helps a bunch when lifting the tiller, blade or moldboard plow.  I was very on the fence myself till I saw the tractor and how good the paint was under the grime and dirt.  The weights came with the cub, it was the snow blade I got him to throw in as I did not want to be without as I woke up to 6" of wet snow on the ground to deal with.   TIme for some fun!!    Mike

Wheel-N-It

Nice CC. I really enjoy using my 1650. Wheel Horses are the best, but its good to have a JD and a CC around just for fun!