Sign in to follow this  
bustedglass

Commando 8 - What's it worth?

bustedglass

Hi Guys,

There is a 1972 Model 8 HP Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor on epay for sale. I am sorry, but I don't know how to put the link in here :whistle: , to get to it. But it is listed as "1972 Model 8 HP Wheel horse Lawn Tractor". In the listing, he says it is a Commando 8.

Maybe some of you could take a look at it, and tell me what it is worth B) .

I would like to bid on it. This would be my first Horz. Horse. Don't know very much about them, only what I have learned here at Red Square.......

bustedglass

Thanks Jason. How do you do that ????????

TT

Looks more like a 1973 8 4 speed to me. (with the expensive to replace 10" rear tires B) )

The Commando 8's were built in 1968 and have 12" rear wheels. Commando 800's have the 10" rear wheels, but have different decals.

CasualObserver

Thanks Jason. How do you do that ????????

It's pretty simple... even easier if you're comfortable with "tabbed" browsing.

open the ebay (or any) page.

highlight the URL at the top of the page

press Ctrl C (to copy it)

then in your RedSquare post, there is a little grey box that says http:// right above the typing box... click that and paste (Ctrl V) in the script box that pops up.

Hit OK, and then the next box you can either Ctrl V again to show the address... or type whatever you want to name the link... that's what will show up on the screen.

Then finish your post like regular. Give it a shot. try reposting the ebay link. B)

bustedglass

Thanks TT - but what is it worth???????? What would you bid ?

CasualObserver

Looks more like a 1973 8 4 speed to me. (with the expensive to replace 10" rear tires B) )

The Commando 8's were built in 1968 and have 12" rear wheels. Commando 800's have the 10" rear wheels, but have different decals.

iagree.gif

bustedglass

OK Jason, gonna try the link to the tractor.

My Webpage

Hope this works.

CasualObserver

almost...

you didn't copy the whole URL.... sometimes you have to click and use the shift keys and arrows to get it all.

your URL should look like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-Model-8-HP-Wheel-Horse-Lawn-Tractor_W0QQcmdZ

ViewItemQQcategoryZ6737QQihZ007QQitemZ170247880123QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

bustedglass

You are right B) . I did NOT :whistle: have all of the url. I re-did it, making sure I had all of the url, re-named it MY WEBPAGE, and it works :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: . Thank You, Thank You, Thank You :banana: :banana: :banana: .

T-Mo

Jason,

"Ctrl C" doesn't work on my home computer, but "Command C" does. B)

Mike,

I was going to post on this thread before I left for work, but I had to leave and go home (I hate that when that happens :whistle: ). I was just going to tell you the same thing that TT and Jason posted, the Commando 8 was only made in '68.

TT

Thanks TT - but what is it worth???????? What would you bid ?

I rank that machine about the same as the Gravely 408 I just sold.

I would say that a penny more than $300 would be too much money. B)

bustedglass

Thanks TT, he has set a reserve at $475.00 :whistle: . Plus, I don't have a way to get it, so he will deliver it to me for another $150.00 - $200.00 B) .

mcwh1950

It's pretty simple... even easier if you're comfortable with "tabbed" browsing.

open the ebay (or any) page.

highlight the URL at the top of the page

press Ctrl C (to copy it)

then in your RedSquare post, there is a little grey box that says http:// right above the typing box... click that and paste (Ctrl V) in the script box that pops up.

Hit OK, and then the next box you can either Ctrl V again to show the address... or type whatever you want to name the link... that's what will show up on the screen.

Then finish your post like regular. Give it a shot. try reposting the ebay link. B)

B):whistle: thank jason for the information how to post about getting to other web pages from here. B) B)

CHARGER9AUTO

Hi Guys,

There is a 1972 Model 8 HP Wheel Horse Lawn Tractor on epay for sale. I am sorry, but I don't know how to put the link in here :whistle: , to get to it. But it is listed as "1972 Model 8 HP Wheel horse Lawn Tractor". In the listing, he says it is a Commando 8.

Maybe some of you could take a look at it, and tell me what it is worth B) .

I would like to bid on it. This would be my first Horz. Horse. Don't know very much about them, only what I have learned here at Red Square.......

BustedGlass, The Wheel Horse 8 4 SPEED with Kohler K-181 8 HP motor was made only one year 1973 . I have one I've picked up at the '06 Wheel Horse show in PA It's my first GARAGE kept tractor . Ben

CHARGER9AUTO

Terry, I fixed up the '72 Commando 800 I've picked up from Duane at the Wheel Horse show in PA for $300 from another Commando the same year parts tractor . Ben :horseplay: :horseplay: :whistle:

dieselhorse

Here is the 8-8spd from 1973. She is one good worker, and cuts the yard very nice. Working on aquiring the rear lift for it. Cheers Mike

000_1721.jpg