Sign in to follow this  
Cutlas3391

A Very Cool One Of Kind Wheel Horse Picture

Vinylguy

That is very cool. Besides wall prints it would make a great screen on a t-shirt.

I can see it now. Tractor of the year RS Tees. I'm in

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

If I was going to sell it what would be a good price for it? If I do ended up going to the Wheel horse show in June (would be my first time) maybe I should try to bring it there with other wheel horse drawings to sell....

HorseWhisperer

Wow,thats a prize hanging on a wall!

Cutlas3391

Well I hate say this word eBay on here but my friend was wondering if I could auction the picture off for him to see what kind of price it brings. Then if he gets a good price and it's worth making he will start making them and selling them.

312Hydro

Very nice ! You might want to look at that site that sells crafts too. Isn't it called Etsy? You could compare his work to what others are selling to come up with a price.

Trouty56

That is a very nice drawing.  My mother is an artist.  She made more money by selling prints and then selling the final artwork.  Sometimes she would have to sell the piece when presented at a show but always had a photo for using later for cards, post cards, stationary, etc. (that would make cool stationary for notes to relatives and friends....and think of the postcards from The Big Show)......

Just a side note on ebay....It doesn't give you a real slice of what the worth of something is......only what that auction brought.  The next auction for the same thing may be significantly lower. 

CasualObserver

That's a fantastic drawing! 15 hours! wow.

I agree with the print idea.  Art pieces featuring Wheel Horse are very limited.  Having a limited number run up at a good print shop would likely net a larger profit, and would allow you to keep that original.  It likely means more to you than it possibly could to anyone else.   Regardless of whether or not you do prints, If you were going to sell art pieces, consider using something like Etsy.com... or that place that Kevin sells his woodworking stuff. (maybe that's etsy too?  I don't remember)

CasualObserver

Looked it up... he uses both Etsy.com and Artfire.com   PM mowerman1193.  Maybe he can give you details about the requirements for using those venues.

Charlie Smith

Hello lovely picture, if your freind wants to make some money from this, I'm defiantly a buyer, :D

cruisnblue48

That is a beautiful piece of WH art. Personally, I would recommend signing the front of the piece by the artist instead of the back for copyright reasons. There are a lot of crazy people on this planet who would claim the artwork as their own just to make a buck or two, jmo.

• Like 1