Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

snowblower update

can whlvr

so last year i put whipper snipper line on my 42 single thrower,the line replaces the wire to move the shoot,well i must say now after alot of use this year (,we are getting alot of snow this year,including today which was the heaviest snow of the year,we got about 8 inches,last week we got 14 inches,and the week before a good amount)back to the report.the lineworks great,it doesnt bind up like the cable,even works great when its super cold,so i highly recomend the use of it,i used a medium thickness,for an average size whipper snipper,it still is the first line, i put on last year but if it broke its cheap to put on and easy to work with,i learned this trick here so i thought i would pass it on,i also tried a silicone spray on the chute and it works GREAT,it only clogged once today and i blow alot of area,i too read this here and recommend it

Sparky

Thats great to hear. I would have thought the line would have gotton somewhat "brittle" in cold weather and snapped.

Mike.............

dsholler

Which spray did you use, and was it silicone or Teflon? I was thinking of using some McLube

can whlvr

i user crc silicone spray,weve received over 2 feet of wey heavy snow this week and i only got plugged a few times,i recommend it to all throwers