Sign in to follow this  
squonk

Throwing snow Gravely style

squonk

Any body ever get a WH blower throwing snow over power lines? I had a neighbor when I was a kid with an old gravely "dog eater blower and he used to throw snow over the power lines and across a main highway.I finally found a video of a Gravely tossing the snow high enough. Those old gravely blowers were impressive.

• Like 1

Sparky

Its definitly tossing it far but whats with only moving forward a couple feet at a time? I would think in a low gear it should be able to crawl along at a more steady pace.

Mike............ 

squonk

A lot of those Gravely's were single speed. I had one for a short time with a snow blade. You had to run behind it to keep up My neighbor had a 2 speed. That thing would just crawl along and throw snow to the moon.

KC9KAS

I was thinking that it was doing a good job of throwing snow, but needed a slower ground speed.

Wheel-N-It

Still beats the heck out using a shovel :ychain:

Tankman

Still beats the heck out using a shovel :ychain:

Anything beats a shovel but, had to use one today spreading (fixing) a little driveway stone.

I had a few spots to fix. Delivery of the CAT damaged a little (relocated) modified stone.

I'll live with it. As soon as weather gets spring like, I have a lot to do. Herd needs exercise and the

CAT needs a lot. My Grandsons have a lot of work to do! Should I wear wing tips and a tie while supervising? :smile: