Sign in to follow this  
chevyaddict83

Sooo.... another tractor and a trip to the er.....

chevyaddict83

So, I picked up another horse today, c-120 hydro! Very clean machine. In the process I got an injury. So... went to the atm to pull out the 100 $ to buy it. While jogging across the street, I felt a pop in my calf. I went back, loaded the tractor. Then a merry trip to the hospital. Possibly 4-6 weeks out of work? I call bs..... Tore a muscle in my calf..... lame. y7eju4ym.jpgy8y7epa6.jpg Sent from my 416-8

Wishin4a416

Very nice. I have a line on one just like that right now. I dont blame you for getting it.

Hope your injury heals quickly.

KATO

The things we do !!!! Hope it heals soon

squonk

I wish I had a tractor to go get. I'll take a season ending injury or 2. You'll have some to tinker with it. Congrats I think? :scratchead:

chevyaddict83
I wish I had a tractor to go get. I'll take a season ending injury or 2. You'll have some to tinker with it. Congrats I think? :scratchead:
Season ending injury is my fear. I work 2 jobs. My full-time, I can collect disability. Problem is the part time, im thinking I might lose that job. Now, the tractor sat unused after the fathers death. The son picked it up a month ago. So, time to get it running! Sent from my 416-8

Amanda

Ouch, Get better soon!

Torino

Wow, you are way to young the be hearing  pops while you are running.  I have to say thought when I try to run now I get there whole lot latter than I thought I would.  It is if I am running through jello in slow motion.  Don't feel bad though, about 10 yrs ago I was walking down our drive way and slipped on ice and broke my shoulder. Makes you feel old.  At least you got something.  All I got was a broken bone.

546cowboy

Hate to hear stuff like loosing some income. As far as running, I try not to get in that big of a hurry anymore. :angry-nono:  The older you get the more it hurts anyway. Hope it turns out better than those doctors have told you ( which is usually the case ) :no: . You did get a nice tractor though. :eusa-think:  Good Luck! :text-imsorry:

varosd

Yikes, perhaps we can start a thread for all the injuries encountered related directly to our WH addiction?    I guess my paper cut won't count!

• Like 1

JimD

First and foremost I'm sorry about your injury ad I hope you recover quickly. And that is a nice Horse you found. :)

boovuc

The last time I "had" to really run was back several years ago when I saw a cub and a Momma bear and I just made sure she heard me because I was closer to her cub than she was. Then I ran. I too fealt a "pop" but all I had to do was change my underwear and everything was fine after that!

Nice tractor! Hope you heal fast!

• Like 1

JackC

One of the hazards of the hobby?  Sometimes we get so excited we get hurt?

Sort of like being kicked by a new stallion.

You paid the price in pain for that one. Maybe you will have a stronger bond with it?

Good luck with the healing process.

chevyaddict83

So, the p.o. had turned the screw so you can move the hydro by hand. Now, can someone tell/show me where it is? I have spark, so im adding fuel tomorrow and firing it up!:) Sent from my 416-8

fourwheels0

the screw or tow valve should be under the seat pan.

lift it up and look on the top left side of the hydro unit for it.

sorry to hear about your injury. when things like that happen it's time to slow down a bit.

trust me i'm 48 and can't do half the stuff i used to.

the mind says you can but the body says oh'hell no you ain't doing that lol.

heal up soon.

Marv

48? Young whipper snapper aint you. Just kidding. We do slow down a bit as the years mount.

Marvin

chevyaddict83

So, today, I fixed the exhaust on the 120. And drove it around. A lot. The hydro setup, holy cow does it fly!!!!! Anyhow, on to the pictures of the 100 $ c120. And its brother, the 855. e9u8aqyt.jpgajymaseb.jpgmyhaqe8u.jpg9edatyra.jpg Sent from my 416-8

va4ehevy.jpg Sent from my 416-8

JimmyJam

Nice collection of Wheel Horses! Sorry about your injury! Hope you heal real soon!

chevyaddict83

Took the little one for her first outing on a tractor. How she went so long with out it, I dont know. She loved it!

ta8e5ugu.jpgqaba5yva.jpg

And now they need a bath, but it was a good day Sent from my 416-8

Sparky

I remember when my kids could buzz around the yard for hours on a tractor. Cool pics!

Mike...........

Wheel-N-It

Nice looking C-120. Welcome to the "Getting Older Club". I got the same injury in 2005. If the injury does not require surgery then you will be fine. If it does require surgery then you will be fine after that. Sorry to hear about the loss of income. How bad was the injury?

chevyaddict83

Tore one of the muscles in my calf. Still hurts, but im walking. I took the week off of both jobs, but im going back to work tomorrow. Dont have much of a choice. Sent from my 416-8

Wheel-N-It

he only

Tore one of the muscles in my calf. Still hurts, but im walking.

If you have a slight depression in the affected area, don't worry. It should fill back in in a few years as the muscle regrows. I also tore the muscle on the back of my right thigh (water ski accident) back in '85. After a few years the muscle regrew and the depression filled in perfectly. Don't worry. You will heal just fine. I know several other guys this has happened to also. They all healed up just fine. Its gonna be sore for a while though. Thats just part of the injury and healing process.

JimmyJam

One has to do what one has to do!!! I was going to come out to visit you tomorrow, but it looks like you are going back to work. Let me know how things goes at work! ...or if you need anything let me know!!!! I am in the next town over!!!!!