Sign in to follow this  
gcole

Kohler pan

gcole

hi guys I was wondering if any of you knew if a wheel horse pan will bolt onto a k301 out of a jd 112?. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Don1977

I believe JD used "Narrow Base" oil pans, And Wheel Horse used "Wide Base" oil pans except on the shaker base models 1978 - 1984.

You can find the different type oil pans on the Brian Miller Site below. Scroll down to the bottom, he also sells used oil pans.

http://gardentractorpullingtips.com/a1engine.htm

gcole

So since my oil pan looks identical to the narrow base one. How would I go about mounting it in a horse?

Thanks in advance

gcole

Ok guys one last question. Can I put this oil pan image_zps9231d1ae.jpg on a engine that came with this oil pan? image_zps15c41e99.jpg thanks in advance

Kelly

Yes but the dipper has to be cut to the right size, that is the tang on the bottom end of the connecting rod, and don't cut it to short, that is the part that spashes oil around in the engine, with out it, the engine will not live long.

Side note most JD engines use a 1" crank on the PTO end, WH most use 1 1/8" it can be over come in most cases with the correct parts.

Edited by Kelly

Callen

Little confused: which one is on the JD engine, The flat bottomed one?

puddlejumper

No, the flat bottom is wheelhorse.

gcole

Thanks guys. Also how much of the dipper needs to be cut?

Kelly

I can't say for sure how much to cut off, when I did mine I cut some off bolted the pan on and turned the crank till it hit, then cut more off a little at a time, I installed the pan doing this with no gasket, when I got it turn with out hitting I rounded the tip of the dipper like factory and buttoned it up.

gcole

Hey guys I was wondering If any of you knew were to get a short dipper for this engine. Thanks in advance

Kelly

The dipper is part of the connecting rod, you would have to order one for the engine with a shallow pan, it's easier to cut it.

gcole

With a connecting rod with it the short dipper the dipper short form is STD right?

gcole

Or atleast that's what I think it maens in the ads

gcole

Ok guys one last question on this topic. I was wondering if a pan of a 1055 would fit in my 12. Thanks in advance