Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Mentone, IN Swap Meet

rockinhorse

terry    it's  a raider 12  dark horse sounds good. Like stevasaurus said gold or yellow.  The rear rims have a yellow pin stripe .

TERRY     DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING THAT WOULD WORK ON THIS TRACTOR?   NOTHING FANCY JUST SOMETHING TO HELP THE LOOKS .  ALSO NEED SOME HOOD& SEATPAN DECALS  STANDARD DECALS.  I WILL BE THERE SAT.

THANKS KARL

So it is a COMMANDO 16 ?  Maybe the DARK HORSE

gallery_74_25_28863.png

big mike

Steve,It would be good to see you too

You may want to be careful about wishing for buns....around this crowd you may get something your not expecting :o  :lol:

• Like 1

Kelly

99% loaded for Mentone, hope to see you all there. I loaded light this year, but still have lots of good stuff, I'll even have a few sets of hub caps, couple running engines, lots of tires, and a C-121 auto. 

It's not to late to ask for parts I can bring, just don't wait to long, about 7pm I'm done

post-85-0-39593900-1366403627_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-45106300-1366403682_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-20451000-1366403811_thumb.jpg

Vinylguy

Thank God that c-121 wont fit in my Van.

Walking out the door and heading east as of this posting. Hope route 17 is passable. LOL

gallery_74_128_46886.png

Kelly

Terry I bet it will fit!!! I've stuffed tractors in vans and cars before. 3 RJs with attachments in a mini van.

Jim_M

Loading all week for Mentone, PM me if you need something and I can bring 99% of stuff for free. 

Kelly,

I'll take 100% of that free stuff.

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

We are done loading, got everything in about 2 hrs. I will have pictures up in a bit. Heading about a little before 6 which should get us there around 8.

Jake Kuhn

Here are pictures...

post-4240-0-58594200-1366413781_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-25624900-1366413818_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-38137500-1366413858_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-66619100-1366413902_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-12333800-1366413937_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-77894100-1366413973_thumb.jp

• Like 1

posifour11

Jake, you just drive that on down here. ;)

Have fun at the swap meet.

• Like 1

illinilefttackle

Once again I won't be able to make it-but I'll be there in spirit-tough times right now with the Foster boys- be safe- have a Hot Dog for me!-Al

Lane Ranger

The Biggest and Best Mentone Swap Meet yet was held Saturday April 20th in Mentone, Indiana.

Thanks to Ken Stephens and Richard Layne and Scott Mehlberg for all the work you do preparing for this!

I saw more Red Square Members this year than ever before.   Great to have all these Red Square members at Mentone.

While the snow flurries, wind and cool weather was a downer , the large number of vendors, buyers, and great conversations with friends and strangers made it a real hit.

Word is that efforts are being made to expand the show site for next year -as we are outgrowing our Mentone Swap Meet space needed for all the parking, trucks and trailers and Wheel Horse tractors, parts and suppiles display space!

Again, thanks for another great Mentone Swap Meet!

stevasaurus

What a fantastic time.  Terry...a BIG THANK YOU for those stickers. I had you reaching into that black bag of yours a lot. :)  I did not stop shooting the breeze with people all day. :woohoo:   Glad Jake and his dad Doug are OK and made it there...too scary.  Was a lot of fun riding with Smok'Joe and Jordan also...I really felt the wind burn on my face by the time we got home.  It was just good to get out and see everyone again after the long winter. :)

Jake Kuhn

What a great time at mentone, even after the truck adventure. Did anyone get any pictures? I barely got a chance to walk around before everyone was leaving as our spot was crowded with people like vultures looking at the parts because we didn't arrived until noon so I didn't get a chance to take any! LOL

Here's a picture of how the truck made it out of the wreck, not too great! LOL

post-4240-0-74465500-1366560982_thumb.jp

AMC RULES

WOW! Hope you and your Dad are OK Jake...what caused the fender bender? 

squonk

:laughing-rolling: That mug is HYSTERICAL!!!!!!! :ROTF: sml_gallery_74_81_253534_zps6ab7a971.png

Wish I could have been there. Can't wait for PA now!!!

stevasaurus

Black Ice...I think...sorry, I did not get any pictures. :bow-blue:

Jake Kuhn

WOW! Hope you and your Dad are OK Jake...what caused the fender bender? 

We were headed to mentone and there was a lady who went over a over pass and hit a patch of ice. She lost control and there was absolutely nowhere we could go. We went all the way over to the far lane on a 4 land road but just couldn't get away from her.  We were very lucky and a buddy came down with two trucks and another trailer so he could haul our truck back and so we could haul the trailer too, and he was nice enough to let us keep going to mentone. It was about 7:15 when the accident happened, by 11 we were back on our way to mentone. It was almost noon when we got to mentone but that was better than not going at all. The truck is pretty bad...estimate came up to 16k. Looks like its gonna be totaled.

Vinylguy

Jake

It was an awesome day for me at the Mentone swap meet. Finally got to meet you and your dad as well as many other RS members for the first time,

Lane ranger, DClarke, Rockinhorse, Kelly, Chevelletown, Gene, Mike, Fabricator2009, Smokin Joe  and others that I can't seem to remember right now.

Great to see Steve and Johns smiling faces. What a great day of fellowship and fun. Can not wait for the BIG SHOW

I saw many worthy of this following recognition but you my young friend and your Dad are without a doubt

Hopeless Horse-A-Holics Here's your Sign!

med_gallery_74_25_329829.png

• Like 1

clemedc

Im glad to hear you and your dad are ok Jake and Im sorry I couldnt make it.

AMC RULES

From experience...that black ice can be a bugger.   :scared-eek: 

squonk

Yup, I rolled a Toyota P/U end over end six times on that stuff!

fabricator2009

As Lane said, we are definitly outgrowing our current spot for the swap and show. It would not have been possible without the support of my brothers in arms aka. redsquare members who come and help and do whatever they can to make this a success. Thanks go out to everyone. Ken.

• Like 1