Sign in to follow this  
Mr. 856

Custom lights.....lets see what you got!

Mr. 856

Lets see some pictures of your custom light setups. I never liked that my 856 didnt have any lights. She is about to go under the knife.................I have a few ideas in my head.

Kelly

Here are some I put on my round hood, they would be basicly the same set up they used on your tractor, the mounting bar is factory, the lights are walmart $20 50w halogen driving lights, they are bright, I don't have any real good pics of just the lights, but can get some if you need them.

Yes the wheels are not the right color, this was a few years ago before it was done.

100_3259.jpg

100_3258.jpg

Another option you have is to buy a hood from a newer short frame tractor that has factory lights, I hate to see you cut up a nice hood, they are getting harder to find not cut as time goes on.

• Like 2

whfan74

I just recently purchased the same lights at Walmart.....they look great and can't wait to get them on my daughters tractor and try them out! Well worth the price!

• Like 1

sorekiwi

I had a set of the cheapy Walmart lights on my 1276.

IMG_2589_cropped.jpg

(I didnt drill the hood, the holes were already there!) They work well, and the S/G didnt seem to have trouble keeping up with them. They did get rusty pretty quickly and the moisture got into them as they arent well sealed. But a couple of winters of use for $20, you really cant complain! I wanted to bend up an H5 style bracket for them, but never found my round tuit.

Tankman

Nice lights! My Horses have either sealed beams or two have just the bulbs.

Now, let me ask, "Is there a direct replacement for the 4" sealed beams? As in LED lamps?"

I'm using the GE 4" sealed beams on the 400's and my 520-8 (lights off during restoration), but, might like to try a pair of LED's. :-)

I don't know why? Just 'cause I wanna!

Ordered new headlamp bezels but, the 520-8 Stallion just got flagged. He just wants to go out 'n play. Doesn't care 'bout the weather at all!

sorekiwi

Now, let me ask, "Is there a direct replacement for the 4" sealed beams? As in LED lamps?"

A few years ago there were a lot of people putting Halogen sealed beams in. If you search you should find the info, I didnt own anything "modern" back then, so I didnt pay too much attention.

Mr. 856

Here are some I put on my round hood, they would be basicly the same set up they used on your tractor, the mounting bar is factory, the lights are walmart $20 50w halogen driving lights, they are bright, I don't have any real good pics of just the lights, but can get some if you need them.

Yes the wheels are not the right color, this was a few years ago before it was done.

100_3259.jpg

100_3258.jpg

Another option you have is to buy a hood from a newer short frame tractor that has factory lights, I hate to see you cut up a nice hood, they are getting harder to find not cut as time goes on.

ugghhhhhhh.............Hope you dont hate me. I read this AFTER I took her out back. LOL Nice horse you got there!!!!!

kpinnc

TT had alink a while back for direct replacement bulbs that were LEDs inside. They were for 300/400/500 series tractors. They were a bit pricey ($25-$30 each) as I recall, but they should never need replacing. Sorry I don't have the link. My laptop was replaced and I forgot to get my favorites transferred...

Lars

Nice lights! My Horses have either sealed beams or two have just the bulbs.

I'm using the GE 4" sealed beams on the 400's and my 520-8 (lights off during restoration), but, might like to try a pair of LED's. :smile:

I don't know why? Just 'cause I wanna!

Ordered new headlamp bezels but, the 520-8 Stallion just got flagged. He just wants to go out 'n play. Doesn't care 'bout the weather at all!

attachicon.gif520-8 FlaggedW.JPG

Here is a link for them in Led..

https://www.affordablequalitylighting.com/light-bulbs/led-bulbs-120v-and-12v/ledpar36-12v-low-voltage-bulb

AMC RULES
My NOS HL-5 set up, with a custom twist.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 
post-3498-0-39456700-1400446996_thumb.jp
post-3498-0-59256200-1400447056_thumb.jp
post-3498-0-07235200-1400447113_thumb.jp
post-3498-0-62084900-1400447088_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"D"- Man

looking GOOD AND CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE UPDATES ON YOUR PROGRESS! You really have the Wheel Horse bug!

I wouldn't consider this a custom light set up, but rather a "mild" modification, from the original, and certainly from what was on it when I purchased it. Six tail lights and two reverse on my 18 Automatic. I also have six reflectors for the front of the rear fenders. Mark.

post-3038-0-95376100-1402544349_thumb.jp

post-3038-0-44138200-1402544382_thumb.jp

post-3038-0-98855900-1402544454_thumb.jp

post-3038-0-79286500-1402544510_thumb.jp

post-3038-0-05787800-1402751303_thumb.jp

Edited by TWIN54
  • Like 1

Alan_Heist

Go with LED if you can.  They make some really good ones now for tough service, they last forever, and have very low power used as compared to standard incandescent bulbs.  Our little Kohler's and Tec's don't put out that much juice form the charging system to run a lot of lights.