Sign in to follow this  
thehorse

Engine to frame bolt up

thehorse

Starting to go over the 1988 416-8 I picked up. The kohler seems to be bolted down through the top on the left side if you we're sitting on it and on the right side up through with engine mounting holes overhanging the frame.just does not look correct. Any experience with this and info would be appreciated.

I've put address to alink with a photo.

http://s737.beta.photobucket.com/user/LenHaduck/media/image.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

squonk

I think it's normal. My C 160 is like that. That pan will fit different brand of tractors.

thehorse

I thought, but feel better now.

Thanks

Len

TT

The early tractors were built with a frame width suitable for the smaller engines.

With a few exceptions, (953/1054/GT-14, etc.) the width stayed the same up to the last 315-8 "Classic".

In order to use the large pan 10-16hp Kohler on that width of frame, the oil pan gained two additional tapped holes for bolts to be installed up through from the bottom of the right frame rail.

Here's what it looks like from the bottom:

030809005-2.jpg

To my knowledge, Wheel Horse tractors are the only ones to use those holes, and I haven't seen them in pans on engines other than WH spec.

thehorse

Thanks Terry,

I appreciate all the advice and knowledge shared on this site. I was a little hesitant to try and rip Dow and go over the tractor, turning it into a

Decent looking, working machine. But, with all the helpful people here, I went to the shed and started taking reference photos of it today!

Almost headed out your way to pick up a deck today but am meeting up with jogs horse ranch tomorrow to buy his 42rd.

855ownerJoel

Your gonna love that tractor!