Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

New England Blizzard!!!

mattd860

Made it through the night without losing power. It appears by looking out the Window that we got 2ft of snow and it's still snowing hard! Can't wait to get out there with the 520 and 2stg blower.

VinsRJ

We got about 2 feet here with drifts 3 to 4 feet... The Horses are nice and warm in the garage... the little mule Aerins 6-24 will be in service in about and hour.

redidbull

My Horse with the plow is under a tarp but all I see is the stack. I'll take a pic when I get out there. Jim

MaineDad

Sounds like a freaking freight train outside!

• Like 1

Ken B

I think I got jipped, I only got 20 inches, The snow at the end of my driveway was up to the hood though, The 520 busted right thru it. I took a video and If I can figure out how to upload it to utube I'll post it.

005_zps78eeacb6.jpg

• Like 6

Jake217

Hmmmm.... I guess we've got some work ahead of us.

Still snowing.

8457788589_1360d7b204_m.jpg

• Like 9

Coadster32

That is a cool picture Jake. :handgestures-thumbupright:

P3x

Well we got about 30 inches with high drifts in the drive way (metro west Boston). Started plowing with the 520 (added three barbell wts to the rear hitch for good measure and think this is one of those times I wish I had a snowthrower attachment... As the 520 is getting stuck in the piles. As my Toro Snowblower is in pieces, may have to resort to manually shovet a path through the mound made pushing snow down from the garage down the drive. They're getting a little tall to push with the 520 without constantly getting stuck and am about 10' before I reach the mound left by the town's plow. But I think just need to make a small channel and all should go well - hopefully! I'll post some pics later.

Happy Plowing/Chucking!

squonk

Figure every one like pics! Here are my "WEENIE PICS!" Since I didn't get as much I'm officially a WEENIE! :) :)

This is what I woke up to:

IMG_0426_zpsc3c1b19f.jpg

IMG_0427_zps148bdeb4.jpg

IMG_0428_zps636fcab6.jpg

Officially 9" at the "Airport" :) I measured the ground but forgot to take the pic. :naughty:

IMG_0437_zpsc137cf2f.jpg

Hard to get action shots when you're steering and running the hyrdo!

IMG_0429_zps857f7404.jpg

Tall chute really blows! :)

IMG_0430_zpsc68d255c.jpg

IMG_0431_zps06de2739.jpg

Took off the blower when done and switched to the blade.

IMG_0436_zpse58e163f.jpg

The infamous "Sno-Pup! Sure is handy around the trailer and garden. Cleaned this area with it.Even got an action shot which is real tricky. Running 2 cycle racing fuel thru the Tecky. Smells like your burning NITRO!!!! :) :)

IMG_0432_zps6e62c737.jpg

IMG_0433_zpsb9d6fee8.jpg

IMG_0438_zps78d880a2.jpg

Broke out the electric "Chief" for our skinny walk between our front porch and flower bed. Anything bigger really tears things up. This blower never fails to start! :thumbs::bow-blue:

IMG_0434_zps0e3ce8dd.jpg

Even Elvis got in on the action cleaning up what the state left me. *****.gif

IMG_0435_zps3d7ce6fe.jpg

• Like 4

Will G

We got about 2 feet in Norwich, wish I could have the C-111 with 42 inch single stage blower going but haven't been able to get the trans swapped back into it.

groundhog47

Hope everyone and their family's that are in the path of this blizzard will be safe. This is a serious storm. I know you guys that live in the north east are use to getting a lot of snow but this thing looks dangerous. Good luck !! :hide:

DITTO and seriously MY POST about Blizzard.... is in no way tryin' to make funny about what ya'll are or might be goin' through. A little fun or humor can do wonders for woes sometimes! Edited by groundhog47

Squirl72

Been lurking here for a while. Here's a quick video of my 416-8 throwing about 6-8 inches of snow this morning. I went out yesterday at 8pm, 12:30am and again at 9am.... We probably had a little over 2 feet.

• Like 8

Sparky

Awesome video Squirl72.....where in Ct?

:WRS:

Mike..............

Squirl72

Thanks Mike. I'm a little southeast of you in Voluntown.

Tankman

62 and sunny today in SC. If ones of you guys could setup a live feed so we could watch the snow removal as we sit in the lawn chair soaking in the rays that would be great!

We didn't have lawn chairs at Paris Island(?).

I'd like to be in one now that the drive is plowed, salted, frozen solid. The sun is shining so we can see the drifting from all this sub-zero wind chill.

Bah...humbug. :-)

• Like 1

leeave96

Been lurking here for a while. Here's a quick video of my 416-8 throwing about 6-8 inches of snow this morning. I went out yesterday at 8pm, 12:30am and again at 9am.... We probably had a little over 2 feet.

Very nice! What gear are you blowing snow in that vid?

Squirl72

Very nice! What gear are you blowing snow in that vid?

I think high range 2nd.

Wyattrrp

On the news it said Spencer MA got 31" but I am thinking maybe 24 in my drive. I live on the town line. Hard to tell since it drifted down to 12 inches some areas and up to 3 ft in others. Here are a couple photos this AM and a short video if I can remember how to link it to youtube? The 312-8 did all the work. Now after wind contined all morning and some more light snow untilnoon after blowing was done at 9AM, I need to go out and scrape the pavement with the C-125 plow.

Depth is above the upper "Wing" plate on the single stage 42" 79360 high chute. This was bare grass at 5PM yesterday! Note the wood rail fence along the road that dissapeared overnight.

8458550679_50655fddd3.jpg

After the 2nd breakthrough pass. Single stage kept up with the fairly light snow. It stayed 15 overnight and until mid afternoon so no slushy wet snow (thank goodness)! Never had to unblock the chute, and had my retrofit front chute cover on that helped reduce the blowback from the front while chute facing forward.

8459656394_5f10812d14.jpg

8459670810_eae8e5e8b0.jpg

Snow was up to under edge of seat pan fender which is just about 24" high. Blower when down is only about 19-20 inches high so if not lifted it tended to blow the full auger height including upper "Wing" but the top snow layer would fall back over the top of the blower into front of wheels and onto blower housing, piling up on the attach-a-matic conneciton. So I decided to try making a pass first with blower lifted, then back up and let it down to scrape pavement. Seemed to work best doing that. Could go 10 to 20 feet but sometimes driving over the remaining 5 inches of snow the rear tires would spin a bit with blower up, even with 45lbs wheel weights and 45 lbs onthe drawbar and my butt in the seat, so decided to go a few tractor lengths blower up, then back up and lower it to clean the path. Worked well that way.

At the street the plows had left a 3.5 ft high dense pile. Took many bites to clear it but the blower did a fantastic job considering the high chute was same height as that snow bank. Took 1.5 hours to finish which i am happy with.

Here is a short Video showing the initial trials of lifting the blower to blow the top 20 inches then backing up and blowing it to pavement surface. The 3rd trial pass you can see I left the blower down, but didnt like the snow falling over the top of the blower and piling up on top of the blower housing and attach-a-matic frame. Sorry I didn't turn the camera to the right more to show the full snow path from the blower. It was downwind and threw it about 30 ft onto the lawn. I hope this youtube link works??

http://youtu.be/WcUrbgDypAU

• Like 4

varosd

Wow! you guys are busy!

As a single stage thrower, it never ceases to amaze me how tough they are. Did I miss any videos/photos of our big brother, the 2 stage thrower?

Central PA looks like my avatar...sunny, 30's, windy and dusting snow melted!!!

Wishin4a416

You guys really got pounded. The most we ever got here was 27 inches in my lifetime. Lots of 16, 20, and 24 but never 36''. There was a 53'' snowfall in 1950 but I wasnt here yet. Stay safe!!!

Tim

I took these while inside the cab this morning

there was more than a foot of snow for this time out

not the best pictures

luckily the snow was not heavy, would have been alot worse

we ended up with about 27"

post-2536-0-19726900-1360452654_thumb.jp

post-2536-0-52577700-1360452680_thumb.jp

post-2536-0-33003500-1360452847_thumb.jp

post-2536-0-54485800-1360452712_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Sparky