Sign in to follow this  
combinedmf

Singh head grooves?

combinedmf

Has anyone here put grooves in their cylinder head as suggested by Somender Singh http://somender-singh.com/ ? If so, what engine, did you see improvement in power, fuel consumption, idling, oil cleanliness, or any other changes? Thanks.

posifour11

I read about that in Farm Show a while back. Haven't done it, but it sounds interesting.

Don1977

I have nothing against saving fuel and money, but when anyone starts telling me this crap about global warming and saving the planet, I find it hard to believe any thing he says.

They say the ice is melting in the Northern hemisphere, I have also heard it is build up in the Southern. Changes yes, but don't sound like global warming. When some one starts talking about global warming my first though is the take a tight grip on my billfold as some one want my money.

• Like 9

rmaynard

:text-yeahthat: Dittos to what Don said.

markjs

I have nothing against saving fuel and money, but when anyone starts telling me this crap about global warming and saving the planet, I find it hard to believe any thing he says.

They say the ice is melting in the Northern hemisphere, I have also heard it is build up in the Southern. Changes yes, but don't sound like global warming. When some one starts talking about global warming my first though is the take a tight grip on my billfold as some one want my money.

Exactly right. Did you see the documentary "An Inconsistent Truth" that came out last year? It goes through all this.

yes.....i will ditto Don too

decksetter

To the original topic...

I've never tried it, but when I was into turbo dodges a few years back I looked in to it. There was a guy that went by mpgmike that had really good results with them while doing a head port. Cars were picking up a few mpg pretty consistently.

combinedmf

I agree totally that the whole saving the planet/global warming thing is a money/powering grab farce. Like posifour, I read about it in Farmshow and wondered if it would give my old Kohler a boost and/or improve idling. We can do a lot more to save the planet by cleaning out our mess in Washington than saving fuel in out Wheel Horses! Thanks for all the replies. Keep them coming.

• Like 1

SousaKerry

Ok I don't get it just what is the grooves supposed to do other then lower your compression slightly???? BTW his website really sucks...

boovuc

Unbelievable comments! So what do you see when you view 50 to 100 miles of glacier ice that both North and South Pole explorers from the 1700's to the early 1900's traversed that doesn't exist today. Where thousands of miles of polar ice is simply gone and time lapse photography shows, just in decades, the retreat of polar ice. I guess these scientists are just full of crap. After all, just like "expert witnesses" in jury trials, you can get someone with enough grant money from the right side of the issue to discount what the left side is saying! Are there people cashing in on the hype? Yes! Absolutely! Can we change or reverse the effects? Nope! Not overnight. Not in 10 or 20 years. It took centuries of burning fossil fuels for heating and transportation to create this cycle of warmth. And a billion + Chinese just starting their industrial revolution will keep it going. Cutting grooves in a cyl head for a few more MPG's? I guess it will have to be on MS-NBC for the left to believe it and Fox news for anyone on the right to believe it. Me! I'll believe or disbelieve any issue or event after I look at the devil in the details and not what is spoon fed to me by a talking head in two minutes or less or documentaries produced with grant money from each extreme. It seems no one sits in the middle with common sense open-mindedness anymore. The US is like a battery. Polarized!

• Like 3

Trouty56

The earth has been here millions of years. To try and pattern a cycle or change on a grain of sand in a desert of time is what makes the global warming issue debatable. IMHO.....

• Like 1

puddlejumper

There is no doubt in my mind that global warming is happening, Did we cause it ? maybe helped it along some. But we have deserts and forest where oceans and seas once where in ancient history.This earth has always underwent climate change and a constant shift on its axis. Animals and creatures have been going extinct since the first one crawled out of the mud or was created. (dont particulary want to start that argument) Some adapt to change and some were not created to be able to. Do we as TEMPORARY custodials of this big blue ball need to change our ways so its here for generations to come,Yes, But will you give up YOUR air conditioner or indepence on a personal luxury vehicle of your choosing or possibly one for every member of your family if financialy possible. If your like 99% of the rest of us probably not. So the ball keeps turning and life goes on. (FOR NOW).

• Like 1

roscoemi

Hot rodders have been dimpling combustion chambers for decades for the same effect, nothing new. Companies making factory and aftermarket heads have changed the geometry of the intake and exhaust ports to introduce the swirl effect for the same reason. Want something interesting? Investigate the "homiginozation" effect publicised, tested and proved by Smokey Yunick in the mid 80's and buried by the big three. And yes, Al Gore invented Mother Nature, heating and cooling cycles and solar flares, so he knows what he's talking about. :ychain:

• Like 2