Sign in to follow this  
HorseWhisperer

The ranger conversion is nearly finished.

HorseWhisperer

As some may remember I bought a1966 Lawn Ranger last year and he threw in a complete but otherwise abandoned 67 ranger parts.From all accord it was found under a tree on the property and been there for decades.I loved the 66 so much I got smitten on the 67.I really want a suburban or similar so I decided to create one.I began by changing hearts,from h60 to K181.The motor ran after tinkering and was put on a recycled ariens snowblower btw.I cut and welded the tins,added a tool box and fenders from an rj,put 6x12 rear tires on.I then had a couple 36" common decks givin to me and with all the smalls I had laying around and the wealth of knowledge learned here I continued.I fit a mid mount tach a matic.I added a front mule drive(early raider/charger upgrade)and custom made a pulley/pto assembly as the drive pulley/pto/clutch retainer sleeve doesnt exsist.I had the narrow stock front axle w/ 8" skinnys but they wouldnt clear the deck or mule drive so I had to swap for a wider electro front with 6" tires,tie rods and spindles to boot.I also incuded a pic of the relocated battery location and the best use of the other half of a tool tray!Only thing left to do is recondition the deck and wait for the grass to grow,then bring it to the big show and tell lies about how high the grass was that it mowed!

post-6115-0-01809300-1359856241_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-66208800-1359856275_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-31543300-1359856303_thumb.jp

post-6115-0-92486100-1359856338_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Jake Kuhn

Very cool!

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

I thought it was a major feat to acomplish the kohler transplant!Just to fab the neccesary hardware to retain the stock gastank location nearly stumped me!It all fell together though,in one day!I have to say that this project has been so rewarding from inception,sleepless nights creating and right through to completion it works and looks like I intended!Thanks for all the insight!

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

That should get the job done come Spring grass cutting time!

• Like 1

qd-16

This is really neat...I like how you adapted the newer style deck and pto . :)

• Like 1

massey

Nice job. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

JimD

Love it! :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

rmaynard

Now that is what lawn mowers should look like! Great job.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Very Nice Work!! :text-datsphatyo::thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

Tankman

Now that is one excellent job!

Time for spring :wh: shows!

Great!

• Like 1

steve k

I see the area under the seat is sized appropriately :beer: Happy mowing :auto-layrubber:

• Like 1

TT

Some of my best tractors are conglomerations of pieces from the parts pile.

Another perfect example of the interchangeability of decades of Wheel Horse parts. :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

I went to tsc and grabbed the last piece to the puzzle and attached the 1/2 x 87" belt and viola!I pulled it oit of the garage and wouldnt you know it,drop the deck on fresh dusting of snow gets blown off the sidewalk!lol!TT I have heard so many complaints over the years about wh and too many different parts and pieces,well here is proof the parts pile adds up!lol

rustyoldjunk

Now that's a custom or rat rod that i really like.A custom horse should look like a tractor.

• Like 1