Sign in to follow this  
roost

wheelhorse 854 deck and choke cable

roost

hello, fellow members i have a 854 tractor. i need the guards on both sides of the deck and a choke cable to complete this tractor. i am assuming there is guards there. deck part # is rm 364. thanks for your help!

TT

There are used parts vendors listed in the "vendors" section at the bottom of the main forum page. They might be able to provide the deck covers.

You could / should also post a "wanted" ad in the classifieds section - found by clicking on the appropriate tab below the banner at the top of the page.

The choke cable is available new from Toro under part number 102118 or Stens 290-148 (aftermarket)

You may or may not have to alter the cable for an 854 since that cable is a replacement for several different part numbers.

tunahead72

I assume you're talking about the gear covers, one on each side of the deck? They're both the same, original part number 3141, common to several other decks of that era. There was also a little plug for each one, covering the grease fitting I believe, part number 3757. The original mounting screws (4 on each side) were #8-32 self-tapping screws, don't know how long.

By the way, I haven't checked thoroughly, but I believe you'll find parts lists and manuals for both your tractor and mower in the Manuals section here on RedSquare.

TT

My guess is that he's looking for the stamped covers that bolt to each side of the deck shell. (p/n 4176)

post-33-0-35477000-1359391617_thumb.png

The safety folks must not have been around when Wheel Horse instructed the operator to remove those covers and flip them upside-down when attempting to cut high, thick grass. :hide:

WheelHorse79

There was a NOS mower cover guard for sale on Ebay a few weeks ago. I was tempted to buy it, but both of my guards are in reasonably good shape. I'm at work now, so I can't check Ebay to see if that guard is still for sale. However, it was under "Wheel Horse" in "Yard and Garden".

tunahead72

My guess is that he's looking for the stamped covers that bolt to each side of the deck shell. (p/n 4176)

The safety folks must not have been around when Wheel Horse instructed the operator to remove those covers and flip them upside-down when attempting to cut high, thick grass. :hide:

I Hadn't thought of those covers, Terry, thanks for pointing that out. I guess we'll have to wait and see what roost says when he returns. :popcorn:

roost

yes, it is the covers that tt pointed out. i will post in wanted section for some used ones. also figure out what choke cable, im thinking used if im lucky or the toro part#. thanks again for the help!