Sign in to follow this  
marreque

Another 953/1054 ??

marreque

Does anyone know what the 2 holes on the grille surround are for?post-102-0-78564000-1359312459.jpg

You can see them in this pic.

otrelwood

i've asked that same question for years and have received no solid answer someone said they thought a blower attachment but that doesnt make sense to me as the blower is alot lower i have looked a lots of pictures and those holes are always empty unless someone puts lights there maybe someone will finally have a good answer

IBleedRed

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that I've seen the upright supports for a loader bolt there. Not sure if the casting could handle that tho.

1054josh

I was told its a front weight mount. Not totally positive though.

HorseWhisperer

there is a giant wh dealer binder on epay and in the pics there is a photo of a 1054 with a blower attached.The is something in the hole but I can't tell what exactly is there.

marreque

I was also thinking that it could be used to mount a chipper/shreder.

Lane Ranger

I believe it is for the attachment of the snowthrower on the 953/1054.

This is a statement from the Manual for the ST-374 Manual :

Install upper idler pulley, port 4794 with spacer part 4763 between pulley and grille to the grille housing of the tractor and secure with ].{6 rod, use K 6 S.A.E. washer part 920010-4 under each nut port 5286 and 'K6-14 nylock nut, part 915114-6 on each end.

decksetter

Well, that explains why they used 400 lbs of steel in that thing.....

HorseWhisperer

I believe it is for the attachment of the snowthrower on the 953/1054.

This is a statement from the Manual for the ST-374 Manual :

Install upper idler pulley, port 4794 with spacer part 4763 between pulley and grille to the grille housing of the tractor and secure with ].{6 rod, use K 6 S.A.E. washer part 920010-4 under each nut port 5286 and 'K6-14 nylock nut, part 915114-6 on each end.

after reading the description and looking at the manual I can see now.It's a little pulley!

Lane Ranger

The funny thing is the next model snowthrower for the 1054 does not use this method from what the ST-375 Model Manual Snowthrower says in it.

HorseWhisperer

I wish I could conclude those holes are not for weight!Them things don't need any more up front!

Lane Ranger

The grill alone must weigh 40 to 45 pounds but it is a very solid garden tractor! Just think the GT 14 had a cast grill and they put the plastic gas tank up front around the grill too!