Sign in to follow this  
BigRIGormortis

Model ID tag location of supposed 1986 417-A

BigRIGormortis

Hello all, new wheel horse owner and red square member. Been an international/farmall owner but always wanted a wheel horse . Talked my father into buying a Craigslist find since needing another garden tractor for his new property. Long story short, we picked it up yesterday afternoon and I'm getting ready to service it/get it back to near showroom. He is having trouble identifying any I'd tags anywhere on the machine and its leaving him suspicious of a Frankenstein. It has a new mower deck from toro, a replacement kohler 18 horse twin so I can't go off the id tag in that. I searched the site for an hour with no luck. Where should the serial number/model ID be located on this machine? Any help is greatly appreciated!

BigRIGormortis

Nevermind, I looked at the owners manual

Posted on here and now I know where

To tell my father to look . Thanks to whomever posted the manual!

KATO

Welcome to :rs: glad you found what you needed.

rexman72

welcome to RS

can whlvr

usually the sticker id tag on the newer machines fades so bad you cant read it or it falls right off

BigRIGormortis

Thanks all. Yea the sticker is right where it's supposed to be but it's completely worn. Same in the hydro. Doesn't help the previous owner buffed out the tins. Oh well, looks to be a legit 417-a. Solid as a rock whatever it is!