Sign in to follow this  
Killer 2000 Chevy

Jacobsen Chief-o-Matic

Killer 2000 Chevy

Just got the pics. The best we can come up with is that this appears to be a 63 or 64 Chief 1000 hydro. Me and my close friend plan on restoring this one in the spring. It may be a little sooner, not sure yet.

jay in nc

don't let BLACK ICE TRUCKER see what is behind the chief, because Craig needs a new ride. & a 4x4 eagle might be up his alley ! nice jacobsen. Jay

Sparky

Good looking machine. Whats under the hood? Pics to small on my netbook to tell.

And thats a cool lookin ol' AMC. I haven't seen one of those in years.

Mike..............

Rollerman

That is a nice Jaco, but I'm also equally amazed at the AMC behind it & in awe that you live in IN & the car is still intact?

Any implements for the Jacobsen?

Looks to be in great condition.

squonk

That's all Craig needs is an Eagle! :)

whfan74

Great looking Chief you picked up. Should be a later 60's, I am currently using my 1200 for snow removal this year. Not as user friendly and comfortable as a Wheel Horse, but fun playing in the snow.

Killer 2000 Chevy

The Eagle is my buddy's baby. He's had it since he was 15, his first car. The Chief has a 10hp Kohler and he got a mowing deck with it. The deck is in excellent condition. He is wanting to restore it for show.

• Like 2

Jake Kuhn

Very cool tractor!!!

AMC RULES

Yep, I've had my fair share of bulletproof eagles...but guys, I've gotta have something that hauls my horses too. :)

Wheel-N-It

I like the Chief !!! Too bad they don't make this stuff new anymore.......................

Zeek

I'm not the expert some are here but the first early 60's models were 7HP Techumsehs. In 1962 they had a Chief 100-A and a deluxe 100-B (electric start)., both powered by Kohler K161 (7HP). 1965 - 100-G with a 9.5 HP Kohler. These should all be belt-idler clutches with a three speed. 1967 - Chief 800, Kohler 8 HP / Chief 1000, Kohler 10 HP / Chief 1200, Kohler 12 HP - all gear drive. They had Super Chief models that were hydro.

Ford had a model 100 that was almost identical and was pretty much a repainted Jacobsen.