Sign in to follow this  
wh17

Cam

wh17

I have a k321 bored 30 over I'm going to mill the head I bored the carb out and in going to port and polish it I am wondering if an aftermarket cam would make a difference I am looking at cams from vogel manufacturing and lakota racing any help and opinions would be appreciated

Jim_M

A good cam makes all the difference. Greg Hackman has some great cams. Both of my pullers have Hackman cams in them. I had a Vogel cam and wasn't thrilled with it, but I bought it right after their new cam grinding guy took over, they may be better now.

I've heard Lakota cams are good, but have no experience with them. About everybody I know is running Hackman cams now.

baerpath

I use only Vogel cams in my pullers. Are you going into the Altered 14hp class ?

A cam will definitly make a differance. Just make sure you tell whoever eveything you can about your engine bore, stroke, piston, valve size, type of fuel, rpm etc. it all matters

oaktown1987

brian miller is starting to make high performance cams

jdpuller

We have a lokota cam and it works real good. Like bearpath said give the guy all your engine information so they can get you set up.

Matt