Sign in to follow this  
Whmaverick

great tiller score with perks

Whmaverick

I just scored a craigslist combo, 74' C-160 auto, tiller, and a short frame snow plow. tractor only shows 460 hrs on the meter. guy said it would run but would shut off intermittently and he finally parked it out of frustration. In short, a quick clean up and some tracing with a volt meter, replaced the wire from the points to the coil, a new gas tank grommet and she purrs like a- well a horse. :laughing-rofl: the snow plow is in incredible condition for its age. Looks like it was stood along a wall and slid around all its life with no signs of wear at the attachment points or the swivel points. And now the tiller, it appears to be tight and right with moderate wear, I got the tension pulleys and spring but no lift assist spring or belt. Any help with spring specs and belt info would be great. I want to use the tiller on a 414-8 this spring. Oh yeah hope no one hates me for this but the CL ad was asking $300.00 for all of it and the tractor had a 42" rd deck on it. As you can guess I beat feet for the 90 min. trip two counties over to get it and didnt hagle on the price. the poor guy was fielding calls on it as we were loading everything. thanks for any help, here's some pics. :banana-tux:

post-8263-0-33811200-1358295751.jpg

post-8263-0-44001800-1358295583.jpg

• Like 4

Kelly

You did very well, the tractor or the tiller are worth what you paid by themselves

jay in nc

very nice deal. i'd love to find just a tiller for that money within 100 miles of my garden. Jay

danjmah

Great Deal! Love to have a tiller.

Wishin4a416

Looks like you got a good deal with some great implements. I check the CL everyday even tho Im not looking for anything right now and I never saw that.

Good Luck!

312Hydro

Nice Score! Saw that add on the Pittsburgh Cl. That was really the only horse that had a decent price listed.It's always great to find a deal! Enjoy! :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbupright:

massey

Congrats, love those C160's. :handgestures-thumbupright:

KC9KAS

Sounds like a good deal. Thanks for the pictures.

JimmyJam

Nice score! The whole package is awesome. Have fun!

855ownerJoel
post-8621-0-92178900-1358357135_thumb.jpBelt should be 110265 WH, Its a 141" belt. Here is a pic showing belt number. I believe this is the same tiller.

855ownerJoel

Great score there....

can whlvr

nice score,th e 160 in the back ground looks nice,one of the all time best wheelhorses

Whmaverick

Thanks, can whlvr, that's my 77C-160auto I restored frame up from a basket case. I hope to have it at the big show in June.