Sign in to follow this  
855ownerJoel

Parts Parts Parts

855ownerJoel

Not sure if everyone is aware of this so I thought I would do a post. Parts tree actually has many parts for Wheel Horse that are still available. The Snowblower wings are available part number 93-1617-01 for about $35.00, Plow Edge # 93-1612-03, and even replacement brake bands, also the lift flag and tube for snow blower was located and can be purchased. I was digging around and found all kinds of parts that I thought were no longer available. I just ordered a clutch for my 1054. So if you cannot find keep digging it may still be out there. Just thought that those that were unaware can find a source and get "hopefully" what they need to get their tractors fixed up right.

Martin

if you have a local toro dealer, he can get you any wh part that is still available. usually i will check a site like parts tree first before going to my dealer so as to not waste his time. everytime i walk in there they seem to be more willing to help because usually i come in with a list of part numbers etc to make their job a little easier........

fyi, the toro dealer prices have always been cheaper than parts tree and if i order on a tuesday or wednesday i usually have my parts by friday afternoon.......

Edited by Martin

855ownerJoel

Good to know, Thanks Martin. What I cannot find and need is a Mid Mount Idler frame so I can set up my tiller, that or specs to see if I could build one. They show even the frame is no longer available.

Martin

larger parts are going to be better to source used, most of the larger parts still available are going to be more expensive than either fabrication or finding used parts. i shop around a lot before going to the dealer. most of the parts i just go to the dealer for are nyliner bushings, wear items such as grommets, bumpers, pto friction discs, filters, etc.....

just need to research to find the best value sometimes. cheaper isnt always the best value either as some toro (or whatever manufacturer) parts have been cheapened up over the years and is not the same quality that you would think or expect from an 'oem' part.........

and sometimes the cheaply made, inferior part isnt even the lowest price, some toro parts are way more expensive than aftermarket and the quality isnt as good.

Edited by Martin

855ownerJoel

I will definitely be getting one! Solves my problem and I think the price is fair.