Sign in to follow this  
Torino

Rear lift problem

Torino

C-175. As you can see the hitch assembly is out of the hole. This has happened twice. Lucky it did not pierce the tank.Could this be the wrong assembly for this tractor? I thought about putting a brace across the seat post to keep it in. Any ideas?

post-171-0-92653500-1358030816.jpg

varosd

Egads! not sure, but is there supposed to be another clamp on the other side of the fender support?? looks like there is a wear mark on the area that pulled out??

ericj

might need more spacer washers between the clips and the gas tank bracket, spread it out, between that and the bolts that hold the fender pan on it should not move

eric

Rollerman

Are the bushings worn on the rocker shaft & have the holes in the fender support elongated?

If everything looks good & you put it back together, you might try cheating the fender supports in so you'll have a tighter fit of the rock shaft.

Does the lift move free, any binding?

Don1977

Can't tell if the support bracket has spread out. Did this tractor have a plastic rear fender. You may need to get a metal rear fender if the plastic one is all busted. The 1978 and 79 c-series will work or the 300, 400 or 500 series. Once it's pulled back in place the only other thing beside a metal fender is you can do is make thin metal plate with matching holes to mount the seat pan and seat and to hold the bracket together. You are missing the trans dip stick you will need a 2" hole for that. It doesn't look like the holes in the bracket are worn too bad but if it is it will need welding and filing back to fit the bushings.

Torino

I ending up installing "cross bars" on the seat brackets.post-171-0-01750000-1358185940_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Torino

Is this a common problem with the plastic fenders? Seems that the metal ones would keep the seat supports from moving.

Tankman

Never had a plastic fender Horse but, can see what could happen. Ouch!

Your fix looks OK. I would get a dipstick for the tranny while you're fixin'.

stephan07

any one know the part number for the bushing on this i need one

TT

any one know the part number for the bushing on this i need one

'76 thru '79 use #6254

'80 to present use #108519