Sign in to follow this  
855ownerJoel

Good start for new year 414-8

855ownerJoel

Picked up a 1987, 414-8speed. Runs great, drives great and "bonus" came with a blower and deck. All under 700.00. Really clean. Looking for one ring (plastic piece to go from hood to light) for the right headlamp. Anyone know if these rings are still available? (actually square). Need to fix lift arm, doesn't lock in upright position, will check that tonight when I clean it up and change all fluids. Also will do a couple other minor repairs. Very Happy this will be by main tractor for mowing the lawn and blowing snow. post-8621-0-06678100-1357921795_thumb.jppost-8621-0-22597800-1357921824_thumb.jp

post-8621-0-27711000-1357921960.jpgAnd here is a picture of the deck.

• Like 1

TT

Headlight bezels are still available under Toro #109080 (set of two)

855ownerJoel

Headlight bezels are still available under Toro #109080 (set of two)

Thanks, and now I know the correct name.

KATO

Looks like a good solid tractor :handgestures-thumbupright:

rustyoldjunk

Paint even looks good from the pictures.I don't see that very often on the 300,400 and 500 series.Nice tractor.

Ken B

That looks real clean, nice score!

855ownerJoel

Paint even looks good from the pictures.I don't see that very often on the 300,400 and 500 series.Nice tractor.

Yes, the paint is pretty good. I do need and plan to touch up a couple areas on the fenders, probably repaint entire fender area. Previous owner took good care of it. Deck will get sand blasted and completely repainted.

Irv

Nice tractor and setup! The headlight bezels are on ebay quite often and they are the same for all the 3-400 series.

Butch

Looks like a bargain!!

Wishin4a416

Very nice score and very good price.

can whlvr

i have a couple 414,s and they are nice tractors,that one looks to be well taken care of

Jake Kuhn

Very nice score!

leeave96

That's a GREAT tractor. Looks like it has the Magnum engine which is a plus with electronic ignition vs points. The 14/16 hp magnum powered 8 speeds with 1-1/8 inch axles and 8 pinion rear ends are far and away my favorites. I also prefer the Wheelhorse hood decals better than the later Toro/Wheelhorse ones (I have both style tractors).

I think you got a lifer. Keep that one.

Good luck,

Bill

Wheel-N-It

Thats a darn good start for this year or any year Joel. Congragulations on what looks to be a great purchase!

Duff

Dang, Joel! That is one FINE machine! Congratulations!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

855ownerJoel

That's a GREAT tractor. Looks like it has the Magnum engine which is a plus with electronic ignition vs points. The 14/16 hp magnum powered 8 speeds with 1-1/8 inch axles and 8 pinion rear ends are far and away my favorites. I also prefer the Wheelhorse hood decals better than the later Toro/Wheelhorse ones (I have both style tractors).

I think you got a lifer. Keep that one.

Good luck,

Bill

I am with you on the decals, I hate it when companies get bought out and cut quality over time. Gotta always love having just origional companies name on tractor.

Tankman

Great deal! That 414-8 with the Magnum engine, very nice! :)

I had to buy a pair of headlamp bezels when I got my 414. Got 'em at Parts Tree, $10 for a pair.

They're sold by the pair.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=31-14K803%2C+414-8+Garden+Tractor%2C+1988&dn=810547R1-47R10064-00028

welderman85

very nice buy

krazy_horse

Nice tractor, the pictures show it to be above average.

Whmaverick

sweet deal, great worker too. you'll love it for a long time. :banana-skier: :banana-skier: :banana-skier:

Kevbo

Under $700! Nice buddy I got my 414-8 from a dealer used for $800 this past October...and yours came with a blower! Lucky Lucky :bow-blue:

855ownerJoel

Yep, loving it. Got to blow a little snow with it and as stated on several posts before, the 8 speed transmission is awesome!!!! Cannot wait to rototill garden and put the deck on it. Thanks for all the positive replys.

can whlvr

this is what she will look like with a tiller

082-1.jpg

• Like 1