Sign in to follow this  
artfull dodger

Deck smaller than 48" on a 518?

artfull dodger

Can a smaller mower deck than the 48" be put under a 518h? The 48 is a bit to wide to get thru my shed door, nor do I really need one that size. Is there a smaller mower deck that can be slung under without any modifications? No I dont want to go smaller tractor wise to get a smaller mower deck, The 518 is a good size tractor and will have upgraded rear end and hyd lift shortly. Mike

refracman

A 42" for the garden tractor either rear or side discharge will pop right on,

Kelly

42" rear discharge deck will fit if the tractor will fit it is only a little wider than the rear wheels, and no shoot sticking out.

artfull dodger

Awsome, a rear discharge would be perfect. I had the little 32" rear discharge on my 857. If that deck wasnt so darn loud from worn face gears I would have kept it. The hydro drive and hyd lift is the way to go, after snowplowing the last storm on my last tractor with manual lift, never again! Thanks I will be on the lookout for one this spring. My 48 has a couple of thin spots but runs quiet and is solid otherwise, just to big. Mike

qd-16

36" side or rear discharge would also work......but the 42" would be a better choice in my opinion.

artfull dodger

Agreed, the 36 would be smaller than the track width of the 518, a bit akward to mow IMHO with that. Now to find someone that has one and wants to swap for my 48" I would even throw in the eaton700 rear end from the 518 once I get it swapped out, works fine but I want ground engaging ablities.

wh-jason

i have a 42" side discharge id trade ya...dont know if its narrow enough or not though.

artfull dodger

Really want the rear discharge, works better on the 2 yards I mow with all their landscaping. Loved the 32" I had other than the noise when running. If I could have put a later style belt driven spindle deck on that one, I would have instead of selling it. Mike

wh-jason

i also have a 36" rear discharge off my B100. the shell has been repaired but works good. i think it will mount on your 518, just uses a different belt.

varosd

go for the 42 RD. I do like my little 36 RD on the B-80 as I can swoop into areas that my 520-H with the 48 can't. but if my tired 8 hp could spin it, I would change to the 42 RD especially for leaf season.

artfull dodger

The 42 RD is what I am exactly looking for, I think its the perfect size for my needs. I have a door opening width of 47" into my shed, so ti will work there. I dont think the 42 SD will fit thru due to the chute sticking out. Mike

• Like 1

boovuc

I have a 42" RD deck I would trade for a good 48" SD deck but we a geographically way apart! :)

I don't use my RD much at all anymore since I bought a leaf blower. For me, I blow the clippings on the driveway then spend about 20 seconds blowing them off. This gets things done faster for me.

decksetter

I'm sending you a pm, I don't think you are far from me and we may be able to swap