Wishin4a416

160 Project

Wishin4a416

I used the heavy duty tie rods off of the 520 parts tractor. They were still in good shape.

IMG_1822_zps1fa99c8f.jpg

xenon213

Excellent work ! That is going to be a sharp tractor :smile:

Hatedge

Cant wait to see more. Now, enough chit-chat, get back to work :teasing-whipyellow: 

:happy-jumpeveryone:  :happy-jumpeveryone: 

dclarke

Nice work on your 160, I like the attention to detail.  :thumbs:

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Thank You fellows. Im about done until Fall now though I think. To much to do around the place.

As soon as I get it rolling, I will cover it up and get some work done around here.

We keep about 12 acres clean here and its time consuming.

Whmaverick

Good looking " launch pad" you got there for an assembly table. Nice job, I can't say it enough.

Wishin4a416

IMG_1827_zpscfc3ff2a.jpgWell shes finally a Roller again. Next will be the Steering/Dash Tower but thats gonna have to wait. Just to much to do this time of year.

I will try to get some things done this Summer but other things take priority.

IMG_1829_zpsbd6c5dca.jpgIMG_1826_zps199e72c8.jpg

Edited by Wishin4a416
  • Like 1

Hatedge

Talk about interupted foreplay! :( Guess well have to wait

rwilson

any progress?

Wishin4a416

any progress?

No none. Its in the corner covered up for Summer. Been working  on a 310 worker I picked up awhile back and getting it up and running.

Hatedge

any progress?

No none. Its in the corner covered up for Summer. Been working  on a 310 worker I picked up awhile back and getting it up and running.

Care to give us a peek at your 310 then? Im kinda addicted lol

Wishin4a416

I really dont have many pictures of it. This will be a worker. Dedicated Snow Plow Tractor. Just a couple.

I changed out the bent up hood, put a high back seat on it, changed out back wheels and tires, repaired lots of wiring and got it purring. Still have to change out the tranny. This one is broke.

post-8484-0-84828600-1372373563.jpg

post-8484-0-28641300-1372373576.jpg

953 nut

Thank You fellows. Im about done until Fall now though I think. To much to do around the place.

As soon as I get it rolling, I will cover it up and get some work done around here.

Get some goats to take care of the 12 acres and get back to your :wh: !  :ROTF:   :text-lol: 

:text-goodpost:                                         :text-coolphotos:                                            :USA: 

Wishin4a416

Get some goats to take care of the 12 acres and get back to your :wh: !  :ROTF:   :text-lol: 

:text-goodpost:                                         :text-coolphotos:                                            :USA: 

You wont believe this but I almost had a goat Sunday. We were coming up Rt 40 and there was a goat in the road so we stopped. He almost got hit 3 times when we were there. We tied him to a tree in the closest houses yard and gave him water. No one was home. Stopped back later and it was theirs but they said it had never went near the road in 6 years. Rural farm area. If my daughter was there it would have been in the truck.

Hatedge

I really dont have many pictures of it. This will be a worker. Dedicated Snow Plow Tractor. Just a couple.

I changed out the bent up hood, put a high back seat on it, changed out back wheels and tires, repaired lots of wiring and got it purring. Still have to change out the tranny. This one is broke.

Nothing to be ashamed of there. It a pretty nice worker and with everything youve done on it it probably does good work too.

I, myself, only have workers. Nice and pretty tractors are made to be exposed on a shelf....my shelf is too small for that :)  So if they stay they have to do work. that 310 looks like a hoss.

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Finally got some time in on the 160 since the grass has slowed down some.

Got the Fender Pan painted and blasted the Dash Tower at work today and ready for primer.

Hope i can continue to make some progress.

post-8484-0-25265100-1377552466.jpg

post-8484-0-62747100-1377552487.jpg

Wishin4a416

Got a little more done lately. Got the Dash Tower done and installed and Brake Linkages all done.

Still pluggin away slowly. Hopefully with the grass slowin down I can get moving on it.

post-8484-0-43856000-1379462832.jpg

• Like 1

woodchuckfarmer

Looks great so far

AMC RULES

Simply beautimus work.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Wishin4a416

Shes slowly starting to resemble a Tractor again. Im all out of pieces that are done, so I have to get back to the blaster and paint booth.

post-8484-0-58216900-1379622235.jpg

post-8484-0-57305300-1379622256.jpg

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

I couldnt get the wheel I am going to use off the shaft so I set up a crude E-tank and cooked it for 5 hours and that did the trick.

Put it in the vise and it twisted right off.

post-8484-0-21567500-1380322967.jpg

post-8484-0-93397200-1380322984.jpg

• Like 1

oldredrider

It's good to see the e-tank didn't damage the steering wheel at all. Impressive.

Whmaverick

No doubt your 160 will be one of the best restorations documented! keep it going with lots of pics.

Wishin4a416

Finally got some spare time to do a little more assembly. Its been real busy for awhile felling trees and splitting wood for the M.I.L. Got the seat hardware on along with the rest of the dash and steering wheel.

I guess I have to get to work on the hood next.I have been dredding that.It will need some body work to straighten out.

post-8484-0-46270600-1384036144.jpg

• Like 3

posifour11

Looking real good!