Sign in to follow this  
876wheelhorse

carb and starter rebuildable?

876wheelhorse

need a carb and a starter. the throttle shaft real loose on carb. is there any way to rebuild these or after 30 some years are they wore to not repairable. also need to rebuild my starter as it cranks and cranks til battery goes dead starting this tractor. it ran good last night pushing snow for about 30 minutes after that it was done would barely run with choke on. i posted in classifieds i need these 2 parts just asking here if they are repairable at all. this is for my c141 14 hp kohler......... this thing will push some serious snow very impressed in it

Kelly

You can buy bushing kits for the carb on ebay, about $6, carb kits on there also good Kohler kits are about $12

876wheelhorse

Yeah kelly i just bought the bushing kit even watched a video on how to press it in.. lol hope that works now what about the starter it is loud

Wheel-N-It

Put a little dab of grease on the bendix.

work it back and forth, then try starting the engine. That might take care of the noise. If not you will have to put a dab of grease in the starter shaft bushings. That should take care of the noise.