Sign in to follow this  
welderman85

round hood brake liner dumb asbestos question

welderman85

I tore down my 704 last night and when i took off the brake band I took a look at the liner Dose anyone know whatt the liner is made of it looks like asbestos. Dose anyone know. Thanks

Save Old Iron

be aware the tractor paint, if original, may also contain lead. There are a few safety concerns to be aware of when working with the older tractors.

VinsRJ

For the time period it may in fact contain asbestos as well as lead in the paint... a health concern maybe... if you bent and twist a lot or do not take the proper precausions when handling these older materials. Use common sence when handling.

New band material can be had at McMasterCarr.

welderman85

i looked at mcmasters site but couldnt find what it was listed under also how do i remove the old white band liner.thanks

CasualObserver

McMaster part number 6175K113. There was a member who was selling them precut and drilled for rivets, but I don't know if he is anymore. If so, I'm sure he'll speak up or pm you.

via Tapatalk

rmaynard

McMaster part number 6175K113. There was a member who was selling them precut and drilled for rivets, but I don't know if he is anymore. If so, I'm sure he'll speak up or pm you.

via Tapatalk

That was me. I don't have any for sale at this time. I sold all of my stock to Dave's Tractor World. He has them in stock, ready to install. Dave is also a member here, but is not very active. You can contact him at www.davestractorworldonline.com, or as Jason said, buy the raw material from McMaster, cut to length (10-1/8") drill two 3/8" holes for the rivet heads, and you are good to go. The new linings can be attached with clear silicone adhesive.
  • Like 2