Sign in to follow this  
jdog_kustoms

anyone know anything on simplicity 725s ???

jdog_kustoms

i have someone wanting to trade me a restored simplicity 725 and blower for one of my wheel horse i was just wondering wht the value of one of these would be cuase i might only do it to ressell

thanks for all your help

post-1653-0-96914600-1357259732.jpg

post-1653-0-13041600-1357259744.jpg

post-1653-0-38989500-1357259750.jpg

Kelly

Send Perry on here a PM he is a BIG Sim guy, he will steering you right.

jdog_kustoms

thanks kelly

perry

once you trade you wont want to sell it :ychain: it is a 1962-63 what model wheel horse is involved in the trade ?.

someone went crazy with the paint. covered up all the chrome parts. grill & body looks good witch is a plus. looks to have the original 7 1/4 hp briggs model 19 engine. the 3 belt snowblowers are not the greatest. tractor price's are down .I would say $300 - $400

725_pg1_sm.jpg

• Like 1

jdog_kustoms

either a 1277 or my 502

HorseWhisperer

I had the very same 725,1963 with tiller,same blower,bottom plow and deck.It sat in a barn for no less than 23 years that I knew of.I paid for it,drug it home to my lair,and brought it alive in an hour.It ran so nice.I loved it but it wasn't red and parts are few and far between.I found it to be complicated in the belt and pulley areas.lotta things goin on in that dept.I ended up selling it to a friend a year ago and he loves it.I miss it. :(

jdog_kustoms

ok i guess ill pass then cuase he want over 450 he said to make it fair to him and if im trading to resell its not worth it to me

perry

I took a guess at the price. you just never know what someone would pay for it. most the model 19 engines i have had smoked. and i see the is a 12V coil converted on it. in a collectors eye it's not good being painted the way it is. probably covered up the chrome for a reason or just to lazy to tape it off. but sometimes you find some very nice chrome under years old paint. I would pass unless it's something you wanted and the trade equaled out.

jdog_kustoms

allis b10 with 9 hp briggs

post-1653-0-06177500-1357440178.jpg

post-1653-0-62878900-1357440185.jpg

perry

that would be a better trade. it is a 1964 . steering wheel and front rims/tires are off a later model like a B-110. also missing the A/C grill emblem.

you want to check the gears for excessive play in the center gear box and check deck / blower out and gas tank.

• Like 1

gratefulydeadman

there isnt any play in gears and the gas tank is solid.

gratefulydeadman

the b10 we are talking about is mine. i startdd out with a $200 jd212. traded that for a 112 that needed reassembled. traded the 112 for a bolens "ride a matic", sold that for $250, a set of ag tires, and a c120 parts tractor. took the $250 and bought a cub cadet 124 w/ plow, ih rear weights, and 48" deck. the motor in the cub was about to blow up. so i traded the 124 with deck amd plow for the simplicity725. and this morning i traded for the b10. i like to trade tractors to get wheelhorses. so if there is anyone who is interested in the b10... im me and we can talk a trade. im open to offers. thanks ralph

perry

would trade if i was closer :) and JDog passed on the deal.

dbartlett1958

I used to have a 63 Montgomery Ward Garden Mark Squire, which was actually a 725 with different markings. It was purchased new by a distant aunt for use on a blueberry farm. Came with mower deck, blower and a sickle bar cutter. By the time I got it, the blower was long gone, but I used it hard for 12 years. When I got it the Briggs was already smoking hard from no air cleaner element for too long, as well as probably poor oil service.

I eventually put a Kohler type ignition on it as the internal coil died, but I didn't cut any wires, so it could be put back to original with proper parts.

The sickle bar worked ok, but was very heavy with just a mechanical lift. Probably I was missing some critical piece of proper linkage somewhere.

When I moved about 6 years ago, I gave the tractor to a neighbor, who had plans to restore.

I have regretted that decision ever since.