Sign in to follow this  
Raider12

Still Learning! Educated me!

Raider12

Im have been shopping for a 520H for a little while. But when the right one comes along, I would like to know it when I see it! What years came with the front swept axle and the gear reduced steering? Are there particular models I want to stay away from? :imstupid:

Denver

T-Mo

I'm not sure, so I looked up the front axle part number for a '91, which I know has the swept axle. It's part number 116823, which has been replaced by 116823-01. The 116823 was used on 520s from 1990 to 1996, while the 116823-01 was used on the 1997 520. So based on that I would say 1990 to 1997. B) So someone with a little more insight can correct me on this, if I'm wrong. :whistle:

kj4kicks

1990 has the swept axle, but the gear reduction steering didn't start until '91.

T-Mo

Thanks, E, I missed the gear reduction question. B)

DMESS

Okay, the 88'-89' 520-H had the standard axle. The 520-HC of the same vintage was the first usage of the swept forward axle and heavy spindles. The 1991 520-H added the "Easy Steer" gear reduction steering. Sooo, many prefer the 1991-1997 models since they have all the steering/front end revisions. 1990 and up models will also have the revised lift and motion control levers.

Raider12

Thanks guy's! At least I know what years I would prefer to have.

Denver