Sign in to follow this  
RJR49

Hydro Leak

RJR49

So it's 1 hour before midnight and I am logged on to Red Sq? I have have a C-160 with a hydro leak. The hoses are $125.00 ea according to Toro. Anyone have a cheaper idea?

Trouty56

Sure......If you have a hydraulic shop close take the hose or hoses there and get some made. Another solution is to use surplus center online and get yourself pre-made hoses with female jic-4 swivel connections. Then you need the correct male jic-4 to ORB connections from another site I can't remember just now. I think you need ORB-5 for the cylinder lines and ORB-6 for the pump lines. Let me do some searching......unless someone beats me.

Here's is a thread I did on an older model....if you read further in the thread you will see the mention of the C-160.... At least you will see the approximate costs and the websites to find the stuff.....

Edited by Trouty56

3609horse

Sure......If you have a hydraulic shop close take the hose or hoses there and get some made. Another solution is to use surplus center online and get yourself pre-made hoses with female jic-4 swivel connections. Then you need the correct male jic-4 to ORB connections from another site I can't remember just now. I think you need ORB-5 for the cylinder lines and ORB-6 for the pump lines. Let me do some searching......unless someone beats me.

Here's is a thread I did on an older model....if you read further in the thread you will see the mention of the C-160.... At least you will see the approximate costs and the websites to find the stuff.....

That's what I did. cost me $75 for two hoses and fittings. A lot cheaper and better quality for a lot less. IMHO. Gene...

squonk

You can try a Farm Equipment repair store as well. One near me made me one for a GT-14. They make the hose with 1/4" flare ends and then install the proper flare to o-ring adapter you need.

RJR49

Thanks for the ideas.