Sign in to follow this  
BOWTIE

MY 1982 SK486 I BOUGHT NEW

BOWTIE

HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF MY 1982 SK486 I BOUGHT NEW IN 1983 FOR $1900. I BOUGHT IT TO GIVE MY 1975 B80 A REST. THE TRACTOR NOW HAS 1300 HOURS ON IT NOW AND I USE IT ABOUT 15 HOURS A YEAR NOW VACUUMING UP LEAVES. IT HAS HAD THE THE BEST OF CARE, IT HAS A 42" SD DECK THAT IS ALSO EXCELLENT. I HAVE REPLACED THE SEAT WITH A GENERIC (I HAVE NOS SEAT PUT AWAY),MOWER DECK WHEELS AND INSTALLED A CIGARETTE LIGHTER. TRACTOR HAS THE ORIGINAL PAINT AND JUST MOWED GRASS WITH IT. I BOUGHT A 99 314-8 TO GIVE THIS ONE A BREAK. I WILL POST MORE PICTURES LATER. THANKS

BOWTIE IN OHIO

post-4576-0-10215800-1357006226_thumb.jp

post-4576-0-09568900-1357006247_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Sparky

Are those current pictures?? If so that machine looks great!!

Nice job keeping it up.

Mike............

jay in nc

that has to be the best horse built, big gas tank, big engine, solid mount engine, the best C styling. i wish i could find one! my c 161 8 speed is the closest i have . i'll trade you 4 running tecky powered tractors for it! LOL :ychain: JAY

Kelly

Wow that is a very clean machine, you took very good care of your tractors.

Jake Kuhn

WOW! That is in amazing shape! You have taken great care of that over the years. :handgestures-thumbup:

BOWTIE

SPARKY,THE PICTURES ARE ABOUT 6 HOURS OLD. I HAVE A TOTAL OF 8, I WILL LIST MORE. THANKS

post-4576-0-98420000-1357008130_thumb.jp

post-4576-0-02105600-1357008155_thumb.jp

• Like 1

BOWTIE

JAY, IT IS THE SAME AS THE C160 EXCEPT IT HAS THE 1" AXLES AND 4 PINION REAREND. ALL IT DONE IS MOW GRASS IT'S HAD A PRETTY EASY LIFE. BOWTIE

post-4576-0-48322900-1357008507_thumb.jp

post-4576-0-73648400-1357008523_thumb.jp

• Like 1

jay in nc

i didn't know about the smaller rear but there still hard to break! nice tractor!

Martin

never grow tired looking at originals like this.........

just cant get enough.

Edited by Martin

Wishin4a416

Another beauty Bowtie.You sure did take care of it. I really like the rear tire style. Its the same as on my 312-8. Are they still available?

Wheel-N-It

WOW! That is in amazing shape! You have taken great care of that over the years. :handgestures-thumbup:

DITTO, YOUR SK486 TRACTOR IS IN AMAZINGLY GOOD SHAPE. I WOULD BE VERY PROUD TO OWN THAT ONE :)

Tankman

Now that's a blast from the past! Beautifully kept Stallions, happy Horses for sure! :bow-blue:

Thank you for sharing the pic's.

varosd

looks like brand new! :D and what is hiding under the car cover with redline tires? :wwp:

TT

:text-thankyoublue: again for giving your tractors the care they deserve!

A friend has a "Special K" that he also bought new. His was used a little harder, but is still pretty nice.

post-33-0-98527300-1357050932_thumb.png

KC9KAS

Very nice looking tractor. You have kept it in wonderful shape....NO WONDER YOU ARE YELLING ABOUT IT! :ychain:

SAM58

I have seen Bowtie's Tractors in person, Yes they look that good! Everthing I seen is Show grade.

I think there is two ways to restore old tractors. One is to completely take apart a redo to new condition.

Two is to restore to almost new and still allowing a little age to show which in my opinion is a better look.

Keep up the good work.

Sam58

glgrumpy

Hmmmmm! How can you do that and use it too? Let's see......1-1/2 hrs mowing......and 3 hr's cleaning all the grass, dirt and oils off tractor each time!! Guess I'll never have a "Like new" tractor ever!

whc160

:text-coolphotos: That :wh: looks great ! A friend of mine also has one too.

BOWTIE

I BLOW THE TRACTOR OFF WITH A LEAF BLOWER MOST OF THE TIME AND SOMETIMES I USED A AIR HOSE. I DON'T MOW WET GRASS AND SCRAPE THE CLUMPS OF GRASS OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE DECK WITH A DULL KNIFE. I GIVE IT SOAP WATER BATH AT THE END OF THE SEASON. THE CAR IS A 68 CAMARO L78 WITH 2600 MILES ON IT UNRESTORED. I STARTED OUT AS A CAR GUY AND IT GOT A LITTLE HARD TO WORK ON THEM. HERE ARE MY LAST TWO PICTURES. I HAVE TWO MORE TRACTORS TOO SHARE WITH YOU GUYS. THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS.

BOWTIE IN OHIO

post-4576-0-18261800-1357066562_thumb.jp

post-4576-0-90667800-1357066584_thumb.jp

AMC RULES

Gorgeous :wh: , hope we'll get to see the Camaro too. :teasing-poke: