Sign in to follow this  
wh5208speed

How much snow can a Wheel Horse push!?!?!?!

wh5208speed

Don't know if you can push more than this ....but I was pretty impressed plowing my mother's sidewalk. Thad (Ohio)

post-745-0-89208000-1356810829_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

mrocket49

Pretty good! What do you have for weights on your tractor?

wh5208speed

Just 50# cast iron weights with 2 link tire chains. Thad (Ohio)

Pretty good! What do you have for weights on your tractor?

Jeremy Watson

Looks awesome! Where you still moving that pile? Guess that tire and chain combo is working.

Snowed here and was able to use the leaf blower. So consider your self lucky, or maybe I'm the lucky one.

Jeremy

wh5208speed

I still moved the pile....I had never seen it pile up like that before so I jumped off and got the camera. After I took the photo, just continued plowing the rest of the sidewalk. I think the retaining wall on the other side helped keep the snow in front of the blade, I just didn't think it would push that much. I give a lot of credit for the Wheel Horse engineers who designed the "A" Frame dozer blade!!! Thad (Ohio)

Looks awesome! Where you still moving that pile? Guess that tire and chain combo is working.

Snowed here and was able to use the leaf blower. So consider your self lucky, or maybe I'm the lucky one.

Jeremy

• Like 1

Dresden Guy

Thad,

I assume that's your 520 doing the pushing.....HUH? I was born in Chillicothe, and have friends in Chillicothe who have a son named Thad. Their first names are Bob & Sue.They would be in their 60s. Any connection?

How much snow did you guys get?

KC9KAS

I too am amazed at the amount of snow my Wheel Horse will push.

I need some weight and/or roller chains on the front tires. The front end wants to slide sideways when I have the plow angled.

• Like 1

wh5208speed

No, that is a 1974 C-160 Auto. It was the 1st restoration I ever done (about 11 years ago). My wife's grandpa passed away and I bought it at his estate auction for $200. The motor had a broken rod and I decided to restore the tractor and rebuild the motor. Learned at lot about Wheelhorses during that project. Gave it back to my mother-in-law, which in-turn my son, now 8, mows and pushes snow when he is at grandparents house. Funny how the world goes round. :) I didn't live in Chillicothe until 2004. I don't even live in the city limits, about 7 minutes north of town right next to the Vocational school. Grew up in a small town of Adelphi, about 20 minutes north east of Chillicothe. Thad (Ohio)

Thad,

I assume that's your 520 doing the pushing.....HUH? I was born in Chillicothe, and have friends in Chillicothe who have a son named Thad. Their first names are Bob & Sue.They would be in their 60s. Any connection?

How much snow did you guys get?

post-745-0-75790100-1356819646_thumb.jpg

post-745-0-32055600-1356819659_thumb.jpg

post-745-0-09936000-1356819681_thumb.jpg

post-745-0-93597800-1356819690_thumb.jpg

post-745-0-51701400-1356819708_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

joel_400

What I found for steering in the snow that works best...three rib tires! I wouldnt plow without them!

Joel

Jake Kuhn

wow!!!! That thing can really push some snow! :scared-eek: :bow-blue:

Kai Thomsen

Wish mine could push snow like that :)

Coadster32

Beleive it or not, my 854 pushes snow like that. I have weights bolted up to the frame under the motor, and tri-ribs up front. Weights on the inner and outer back rims, with AG treads. No chains.

th_pics053.jpg

I have since added front wheel weights. (After searching patiently for over two years)

• Like 1

rexman72

i put front weights on the plow with which helps

Buckshot 1

:) Thad, small world. I used to haul logs and lumber for Dale Riddles saw mill, this was in the late 60's early 70's. the sawmill was outside of Lauraville but we kept are rigs in Adelphi. Do you happen to know Rodney or Chris Riddle? My ex's Mom and Dad lived in Chillicothe. I was born and raised in Jackson. Happy New Year to you and yours. :flags-usa:

wh5208speed

I know some of the Riddle family. Went to high school with some of their grandchildren. Thompson and Riddle sawmills was the main source of jobs in the region for a long time. Both mills are still going, but not as much volume. Riddles started a really nice Hardwood Floor division called Timberwolf Hardwoods. Thad (Ohio)

:) Thad, small world. I used to haul logs and lumber for Dale Riddles saw mill, this was in the late 60's early 70's. the sawmill was outside of Lauraville but we kept are rigs in Adelphi. Do you happen to know Rodney or Chris Riddle? My ex's Mom and Dad lived in Chillicothe. I was born and raised in Jackson. Happy New Year to you and yours. :flags-usa:

Buckshot 1

:) Yes Dale Riddle had a lot of people working for him. Did you know Horney Smith, he lived on the street going passed the school as you were going down to Riddles truck lot? There used to a restaurant on the main corner in Adelphi, where we used to play cards down in the basement on Friday/Sat. nights. :flags-usa: