Sign in to follow this  
Foozerush

scored a well used snowplow part 2

Foozerush

Snow is flying, and got bracket from Kelly, ready to put blade on, and its a no go....... Bracket wont fit on tranny facing forward..... what am i missing?? spacers to drop bracket so cross brace will fit under tranny? It appears it will fit on backwards if i remove pull hitch to use for a tiller........ 1356535972.jpg1356536023.jpg1356536000.jpgany help appreciated!!!

Bobie01

if i see it well you just have to turn it

like on the first poste

Foozerush

The last pic the bar my hand is holding... If I flip it to the front, won't clear the tranny.....

Bobie01

flip it 1/4 turn

jdog_kustoms

THE BOLTS WILL RUN HORIZONAL NOT VERTICLE AND BRAKET GOES ON FRONT OF AXLE TUBES

Bobie01

:text-yeahthat:

Foozerush

Thanks for the link Bobie.... See my problem, I need the new style hitch, totally wrong set up, beyond my mechanical ability, older plow, newer tractor. Just gonna sell it and get a correct one to use.

Bobie01

i think it will fit like Jdog says

Foozerush

Had my son hold up bracket so i could get some better pics.... 1356539440.jpg

bar needs to go under tranny.... this one wont.....1356539472.jpg

Thanks for my boy Klye to hold this whiole i took these pics.... 1356539494.jpg

jdog_kustoms

the 2 peices of angle mount to the front of the rear axle tubes and one bolt goes on top the rear and one under the rear to the metal plate behind the rear

Kelly

No the new style bracket will NOT fit the old style blade you have, that bracket you have bolts in front of the axle not under like the new ones do, the flat plates go behind the axle, try that, if you can't make it work send it back I'll refund your money, but it should fit.

The way you had your son hold the bracket on the trans take it out and swap it left to right/turn it around, then as I said stick it up in front of the axle, with the bolts going front to back.

Post back if you can make it fit or not, I have the same bracket on a round hood I can get pics of.

Edited by Kelly

Foozerush

Jdog and Kelly.... Ya are the best.... The way I thought the bracket mounted wasn't right, IT'S ON!!!!!!!! Hahahaha.... I guess I know why I'm a chef and not a mechanic!!!! Kelly- at no time did I think you sent me the wrong part, I test fit it when I unwrapped it ( wife wrapped box and put it under tree, didn't know it came) to see how it connects to end of plow frame. Just didn't " see" how it bolted to tranny...... THANK YOU!!! Will post pics later of it in action.... thanks also Bobie!!

illinilefttackle

I dont have a better picture-this a bracket like yours I cut apart-the angle pieces mount up and down like this-except with the cutout part to the bottom- mount them in front of the axle tubes with lock handles sticking out the back-Al

post-132-0-71085800-1356545547.jpg

Kelly

glad you got it figured out, now I'll ask you how to cook stuff, I can burn water.

Foozerush

Oh yea... I can hook you up on some cooking tips...... Here some pics.....1356563208.jpg

1356561142.jpg

1356561197.jpg

Not too bad without chains or weight. I had fun getting some seat time..

Kelly

Give you a tip, the top of the springs the bar that holds them to the blade move it up one set of holes, it will stand the blade up better and plow better, they way you have is fine but will ride up over stuff faster, and if you get in to deeper stuff will not work as well, glad you got it to work and put to use, I have weights and chains if you need them.

• Like 1

Sparky

Looks like ya got it hooked up in the nick of time!

Congrats!

Mike...........

Whmaverick

Each rear tire should hold six gallons of windshield washer fluid. That's about 96 lbs of more traction and cheap and easy to do. All my tractors get loaded ASAP it sure changes their attitude. Lol

Foozerush

Well I have plowed twice with out any weight or chains so far, I don't have a large drive, just lots of sidewalks in my neighborhood, only spun the tires a few times than just shifted my weight over the spinning tire, and away I went. Don't think filling the tires is for me, think I will look for some weights and some adgressive ag's for the rear ( I have a list of some nice ones I've seen other members post pics of and wrote down the manufacture and name) I know I don't want to use chains because of the marks they leave. But I'm the envy of my 'hood, I'm the only one with a tractor and plow, everyone else has a shovel or snowblower!! Thanks again to everyone who gave input on this thread!!!!

Lane Ranger

Foozerush:

Glad to see the hitch set up worked for you! Although others have gotten you on the right trqack I took some photos of a 54 inch plow frame and hitch for a Wheel Horse that may help others.

Plow Frame with Hitch at the rear -the way it attaches to the transmission:

dscn6494.jpg

dscn6495.jpg

Close up of the hitch facing the rear of the plow:

dscn6496.jpg

Also the point Kelly made about the top pin you can change is a good thing for all using a snowplow to remember as the angle on the snowplow blade be adjustable can assist you with moving snow better.

If the pin is lubricated and not rusted in you can easily adjust the angle the plow will make when pushed forward.

Try changing it during a single snowplow removal job just to see the differences in operation.