Sign in to follow this  
Kevbo

Can anyone help identify this tractor?

Kevbo

Anyone have any guesses? Year? Anyone see any possible problems or missing parts?

9D0346AF-7361-4FC2-8C29-DB068A16DA28-7734-000007A5728841B3.jpg

glgrumpy

It's a Wheelhorse! C series! Red! Problem: Not at my house. Missing: ME sittin on seat! Anything else?

Kelly

1974 or 75 B-80 4 speed with out better pics I can't see anything missing.

glgrumpy

B not C? How you tell? They both look alike from distance and can't see decals to show othewise? AND, I even Have some B-80's! Guess I'm not a True WH collector yet, Durn! :eusa-think:

Don1977

The high low shifter is not there.

Kelly

I can see it has a 8hp engine, so it's a B-80 they never made a C-80 if you look under the fender you can see it has a tool box not just a fender support, toolbox was 75 and older, on those tractors the fender flipped up, in 76 and newer the fender was solid mount, and the seat was mounted on a flip up, last year for the chrome hood ornament was 76, a few ways to help tell the years.

And to tell it's a 8hp from these hard to see pics is the coil is mounted on the back of the engine on a plate sideways, I can kinda see the riser plate under the oil pan, and the exh. comes straight out the side not at a angle like the big Kohlers.

Edited by Kelly
  • Like 2

Shuboxlover

Kelly......you sure do know your s***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you never cease to amaze me!!!

Kelly

It helps having a few tractors here and tearing a few apart, doing so you learn a little bit now and then, and it helps when you sell parts to know a few things.

• Like 2

rustyoldjunk

It also has the narrow dash tower,last year for that was 77.Looks like it also has the shorter 22-7.50 rear tires that would have come on the B series.

ericj

the black gas tank started in 75 and the flip seat stopped in 76

eric

Kelly

You should say flip up fender ended in 75, the seat started the flip up forward in 76, with the solid mounted fenders.

And Eric, please I don't want to tick you off by this, just want to make it clear for others.

Edited by Kelly