Cutlas3391

Wanted Wheel Horse Snow Removal Pictures!!

Tankman

post-9223-0-63610100-1356472203_thumb.jp

I like plowing snow.

I'm voting Pork :wh: Chop #1 for this winters' Snow Removal Champion. :woohoo:

• Like 3

JackC

hodge, Nice. Love those big Ds.

Hydro

This is the biggest snow fall here in two years. I started out with the blade but now I think it's time for the blower.

post-5559-0-63657600-1356630951_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Tankman

This is the biggest snow fall here in two years. I started out with the blade but now I think it's time for the blower.

Ouch! That's some snow! Yep, snowblower time fo' sure! :woohoo:

• Like 1

Dieselcowboy

3 months ago this tractor had 4 flat tires and did not run. Was winched onto my trailer. It was sad. Engine overhauled too. Snow blower is a vertical shaft unit. I made it hook up identical to original horizontal shaft style. Made the lift flag also. It turns out to be a winner hands down in my book ,especially with hyd lift.

C160 Automatic

post-6454-0-41772500-1356636995.jpg

post-6454-0-45929600-1356636999.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Looks like a :wh: snow cab might be kinda helpful too. :occasion-snowman:

Pollack Pete

The Squaw went out this afternoon and ran the 416H.We got about 5 to 6 inches of snow in Stillwater,NY.That 2 stage blower really throws snoe.The Onan twin really drinks gas.She ran out before the yard was done.Started out with a full tank.I tried posting some pics,but they must be too big.

• Like 1

Butch

Well heres a couple links to vids I posted...anyone who says these D series machines cant push snow is way wrong. I have no weight other than my butt and the factory weights on the back. 2 psi of air in the back tires and 25 in the fronts. I have few issues with traction, even on the private road in front of the house which I plow in its entirety. I dont know how it would act with 24 inches but it handled 7 of heavy wet snow without an issue....other than the carb/fuel pump and thats got nothing to do with anything other than a very tired engine that needs some serious TLC....

Jeff what kind of tires do you have on the rear? No chains, just weights?

Hodge71

Butch,

I have 6 ply 29.5x9.50-15 skid steer tires on her. Picked 'em up off fleabay last year when I started redoing it. Yes as hard as it is to believe, no chains just weights!!!

gcole

. Ya I agree it's the first time I've worked the old girl in some snowimage-19.jpg
  • Like 2

squonk

Who doesn't like Pics!

704 plowing:

IMG_0362_zps437e127a.jpg

IMG_0363_zps79878fc7.jpg

C-160 blowing:

IMG_0367_zps9b1399e7.jpg

IMG_0368_zps5d024496.jpg

I know not :wh: but Elvis moving the piles back!:

IMG_0361_zps81577c77.jpg

IMG_0370_zpsa49199a4.jpg

IMG_0371_zpsa4eb941d.jpg

IMG_0375_zpsdfd3e46e.jpg

Scars of battle: :)

IMG_0372_zpsa2dc5e30.jpg

IMG_0373_zps35d4f4cf.jpg

IMG_0374_zpsbfccd387.jpg

• Like 5

Killer 2000 Chevy
321198_10151303437649334_973871299_n.jpg
  • Like 2

roscoemi

Sqonk, what tires do you have to set the height on the blower?

squonk

Those are some 6" pneumatic wheels I got at TSC. I have a gravel drive.

roscoemi

Thanks. My steel wheels dug up the lawn as it was not froze yet, those my be a good replacement.

55rj35jr
  • Like 4

tommyg

No pictures to post, but a funny snow removal story to tell from this evening. My brother called me to see if I could clear a driveway nearby of a friend of his. He was out of town and couldn't do it. I agreed to do it (jumped at the chance actually), to use my recently installed blower on my D180. Since it was my brother, I would do it as a favor since he's helped me out of more than one jam. My 11 year old daughter wanted to come so badly to help shovel the sidewalk. I told her she could come, but I wasn't making any money on this job. She said she didn't care. She just wanted to help to be nice.

So, with the engine still practically warm from doing my own drive, I drove the tractor the couple of blocks to his friends house. The driveway was short, but wide. But after 5 or 6 passes, I was done. We finished shoveling a few small areas by hand and were ready to head back home. The woman who lived there graciously wanted to pay me for my services. I refused, having been committed to doing this one gratis. But she insisted. After refusing a second time, she turned to my daughter and stuck a $20 bill in her pocket.

So, if anyone is so inclined, I need to know the moral to this story. I'm still trying to figure it out!

squonk

The moral is:

When plowing someone out, take children with you! :) :)

Tankman

So, if anyone is so inclined, I need to know the moral to this story. I'm still trying to figure it out!

You haven't heard yet but, in the blizzard, the rush to get the driveway cleared, you went

to the wrong house. :laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl::laughing-rofl:

Hey, you two did your good deed and, the daughter had fun too! :)

AMC RULES

The moral is:

When plowing someone out, take children with you! :) :)

Preferably...more than one. :handgestures-thumbsup:

Edited by DUAL AGS RULE

Ken B

Those are some 6" pneumatic wheels I got at TSC. I have a gravel drive.

Mike those are some great pics you posted! Love seeing the 704 out their gettin the job done! You even got to use Elvis the pelvis, lucky guy you. My 633 did a little gruntin and groanin because this snow was HEAVY. Old guy got the job done though. So, the 520 remains topped off with fuel waitin his turn for some fun. I'll have to get pics the next time as it was too dark out for any this time around.

Ken B

Butch,

I have 6 ply 29.5x9.50-15 skid steer tires on her. Picked 'em up off fleabay last year when I started redoing it. Yes as hard as it is to believe, no chains just weights!!!

Awesome vids Jeff! I followed along on the restoration of your BIG D and I gotta tell ya, that tractor has come a long way! It looks like that heavy snow was no match for it.

squonk

I goofed. The wheels on my blower are 4" not 6

slufoot733

Only 6" of snow but enough to play.

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Only 6" of snow but enough to play.

That wheel horse is awesome i been looking for one like that!!