Cutlas3391

Wanted Wheel Horse Snow Removal Pictures!!

racin_ny

C 160 with two stage blower early hours December 2012

post-5945-0-06564600-1356913051.jpg

• Like 5

3609horse

3609horse, that's a nice shepard you have gaurding the herd.

She will let you in the yard but good luck getting out. LOL Nobody's gonna take one of my horses with her there. Gene.
  • Like 1

Tankman

**Update**

Finally a quick storm dropped 4-5 inches on Eastern Pennsylvania. Grandson was thrilled, '85 416-8 was assigned to the task. Pushed snow back 'n off some grass, making room for another event. So far, no need to mount the blower. :)

At 5-years old, he can't reach the pedals. Low-low gear, walking speed, how exciting can that be

for a little man? :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 6

Ken B

Looks like the little guy is havin fun to me!

COMMANDO6

It's a shame that we haven't used the horse to plow in years. And right how it's in pieces in the garage. And if you want the highest pile, that would be last year when we got about 20 inches on top of 14 inches. That called for my dad to pull out the Kubota B7100 with the loader. We ended up with two 6-7 foot piles. Great for snowball fights...

Sparky

**Update**

Low-low gear, walking speed, how exciting can that be

for a little man? :happy-jumpeveryone:

Real exciting. You know he thinks he's on the worlds biggest toughest bulldozer :eusa-clap: !

Mike........

• Like 1

HorseFixer

I remember those back to back storms too, not last year, but the year before...Dec '10, Jan '11 snow season. The single stage on my 520 had our little driveway looking like a tunnel. :scared-eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu48aGgLkzw&list=UUd_ptV1TUpPlW1VhCjxez_Q&index=40

:crying-yellow: Craig You Damn Snow Hogg! :ychain: Jeesh! :crying-yellow:

• Like 3

squonk

Just missed out on a good running Toro blower with a 2 cycle Tecky for $60.00 yesterday! :banghead:

roscoemi

Tankman, I can tell you that you made his day. He will probably talk about it for awhile and bug you for another turn! We keep bringin these yungun's into the hobby, there will be no horses left for us old guys! :teasing-poke:

Cutlas3391

Here's my heap big :wh: Indian Chief from Tippecanoe today. :handgestures-thumbsup:

Awesome looking machine!!

• Like 1

Kelly

I figured I'd throw a pic up on here of my 520 snow machines, the plow tractor is a few 520's pieced together, but mostly a 1993, with a 48" blade with a 5 position sector, the blower tractor, is a clean low hour 1995, I went through the machine top to bottom last winter, I have a cab for it, just havn't installed it yet, the tall shoot blower got a rebuild last year but never got used because of no snow, I just this week installed the 2 link tire chains, and painted a full set of cast iron WH weights, I painted them black, most of them I paint red, but I wanted it to be different, I kinda like the black on this tractor.

post-85-0-36775900-1357068064_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-79882700-1357068171_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-65087900-1357068903_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Tim

here is my c141 automatic with a tall chute blower, 140 lb wheel weights on the back. (this is the one that was giving me trouble during the storm saturday

all is well now)

post-2536-0-65438000-1357070292_thumb.jp

this is a 314-8 with a 42 in plow. put the front weights on for this storm, help steering alot

also have rear wheel weights, 150lb of suitcase weights and then another 30 lbs of plates on the plow to scrape better. you can just see the plates in the picture

post-2536-0-28611700-1357070536_thumb.jp

• Like 5

HorseFixer

Here's my heap big :wh: Indian Chief from Tippecanoe today. :handgestures-thumbsup:

Nice looking Vintage Rig, :handgestures-thumbupright: I bet that Machine would be fun to operate! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Lars

Here is a pict of my snow team..

20130101_222009.jpg

Raider 10 whit blade going to order me chains to it.. and a 312-8 whit tall shoot blower..

here is a pict of the chains im going to order me..

chains.jpg

• Like 5

Bow_Extreme

Very Nice to say the least!!

• Like 1

Butch

We ended up with 10"-12"s by the time it was over.....nice and fluffy! My GT was a bit overwelmed by the amount of snow. She coulda done it with half passes but I decided to give my old Gilson walk behind a workout since it only was used once last year. The Gilson (8hp Briggs / 26" cut) handled it with ease. Its nice to have a big old all steel heavy-duty snowblower. My dad has one of those newer Ariens and its so light that it wont dig in....it actually starts to ride up over the snow.

Mike............

Maybe you shoulda started plowing when 5-6 inches were down. That's my plan IF we ever get snow. Since I have a plow and chains it never snows.

Kelly

Got my little round hood fitted with a snow blade today, it does pretty good for as small as it is, for small snow falls I'll play with this, but bigger snows I'll use the 520, the hyd lift on this is nice, I can pick the front tires up about 3/4" off the ground for good down pressure, and still raise the blade up about 6" off the ground.

post-85-0-16049000-1357490405_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-24826800-1357490580_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-37000100-1357490646_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-95441500-1357490678_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Fun Engineer

Looks nice Kelly. How are those tri-ribs working out for you?

Now that I look closer are they single rib?

Kelly

Those are Deestone tri ribs, I love them, the center rib is taller like a true tri rib should be, little better pic just before I put the plow on.

post-85-0-28740500-1357492295_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

MaineDad

Here's a pic from last year. Have only had to use it 3 times this winter so far...

C120SideViewBlower.jpg

• Like 2

Fun Engineer

Here's my snow team.

IMGP5222.jpg

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

We should be seeing a few more additions to this thread in the next 24 to 48 hours !

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1

Lane Ranger

I had the 1958 Wheel Horse RJ out yesterday with the 42 inch Snowplow to clean off the drive.

post-339-0-83002300-1359209271_thumb.jpgpost-339-0-56648500-1359209316_thumb.jpgpost-339-0-37623200-1359209556_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 3