Cutlas3391

Wanted Wheel Horse Snow Removal Pictures!!

Cutlas3391

I thought it would be fun to start a post a topic on everybody sending pictures of the Wheel horse snow removal machines!!

I suppose to get 8-16 inches of snow and my Snow beast id ready to go....

Merry Christmas!!

post-8224-0-80396100-1356467355_thumb.jp

post-8224-0-37526700-1356467369_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Jake Kuhn

nice rig! I wish some would come here, I want to try out the 702 and c120!

P'chop

post-9223-0-63610100-1356472203_thumb.jp

I like plowing snow.

• Like 4

KC9KAS

None here as of right now, but there is 4" to 8" forecast for late tonight and tomorrow.....And I have to go back to work!

squonk

12"+++++ here and I have to work also. May end up coming home and putting the blower on the 160 and taking the blade from it and put it on the 704icon_snow.gif

• Like 1

tommyg

Just picked up this blower for my D180 about a month ago and spent some time doing some basic restoration to make it usable this winter. Plan to take it all the way down in the spring, but this will do to get me through this winter. Looking forward to some snow!

• Like 5

JimmyJam

I thought it would be fun to start a post a topic on everybody sending pictures of the Wheel horse snow removal machines!!

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas! Cutlass, What model is that with the snowblower? Nice!!!

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas! Cutlass, What model is that with the snowblower? Nice!!!

it's a c161 with a 16hp engine also a lift kit to get those big tires in the back to fit lol.

• Like 1

JimmyJam

post-8802-0-71395100-1356494766_thumb.jp

My B-80 is patiently waiting for snow, but got only a dusting on Christmas eve, then turned to rain. :snooty:

• Like 1

Sparky

My B-80 is patiently waiting for snow, but got only a dusting on Christmas eve, then turned to rain. :snooty:

You dont use weights or chains? My tractors wont push a thing without weights.

Mike........

• Like 1

SousaKerry

"http://www.youtube.c...ed/DZb8NvSlOjQ"

No pic but video hopefully soon will be video actually blowing snow

Edited by Sousakerry2
  • Like 1

fabricator2009

I have a d160 with blower ready for the snow. Supposed to get 3 to 5 inches today.

• Like 1

Ryanflathead45

Here are a couple pictures of the GT 14 after I finished plowing tonight. We had 7 inches of snow out in the middle of the driveway. Not counting the drifts. 100_1197.jpg100_1198.jpg

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Ryan: Where was the seven inch snowfall in Indiana at today?? Nice GT 14

Ryanflathead45

I'm in Knightstown. Kinda east central Indiana. It might have been deeper in the driveway than in other places. But I checked it with a yard stick. How much did you get in Greencastle?

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Well I haven't started the snow beast yet still waiting for the storm to past I have about 12 inches with pretty good sizes snow drifts here in Buffalo,NY

• Like 1

JimmyJam

You dont use weights or chains? My tractors wont push a thing without weights.

Mike........

I have both weights and chains (o standby), haven't installed yet: cause I run my B-80 every weekend to pull my grand-daughter around in a cart. She loves it! But the driveway and lawn are not likin' to be torn up until it freezes.

• Like 1

JimmyJam

Well I haven't started the snow beast yet still waiting for the storm to past I have about 12 inches with pretty good sizes snow drifts here in Buffalo,NY

Your "snow beast" wants more SNOW!!! I grew up in Tonawanda, NY and my sister lives in Lancaster, NY and my brother in Lockport, NY. I "get" wanting more snow!!!!

Here in SE Massachusetts we get ICE!, but not yet...too warm! So just rain for now!

• Like 1

tommyg

About 7" here in NE Ohio. My D180/blower setup didn't even blink. I want more, too! My only regret is that my drive is too short. I was done in 15 minutes. Was considering moving on to the front yard, but thought the better of it. My neighbors all have gravel driveways or else I would have been over there, too!

• Like 1

Callen

post-5271-0-24291500-1356593812_thumb.jppost-5271-0-86030800-1356593879_thumb.jppost-5271-0-12279900-1356593948_thumb.jppost-5271-0-18015000-1356594045_thumb.jp

Got 5.7 but the way the building are laid out here, the wind dumps alot of snow on us.

post-5271-0-83548800-1356620040_thumb.jppost-5271-0-16744600-1356619998_thumb.jppost-5271-0-22195900-1356619945_thumb.jp

Still have 2 to dig out

• Like 3

Cutlas3391

Your "snow beast" wants more SNOW!!! I grew up in Tonawanda, NY and my sister lives in Lancaster, NY and my brother in Lockport, NY. I "get" wanting more snow!!!!

Here in SE Massachusetts we get ICE!, but not yet...too warm! So just rain for now!

So you know how it is and also what's coming up next Lake Effect Snow!!!

Tankman

Grandson was very dissapointed, only 1" of white stuff. By morning was mostly gone.

He was hoping for a driving lesson. Oh, yeah!

Snowblower isn't mounted but, if needed would be my pleasure to put it on the '68 Raider 12. The Harleys are spit shined, heels too (like duh!) and ready for any action (work or play).

'85 416-8 has the 48" blade, ready. '88 414-8 42" blade, all set to go. Both gassed up, new headlamps.

Chains ready but, not mounted.

Picking up 23 x 10.5 x 12's mounted tomorrow, filled, approx. weight = 90 lbs. each.

Makes my recent lug nut "upgrade" necessary! Wouldn't want to play with 90 lb. tires!

That and chains should do the trick for any "winter event." :laughing-rofl:

P.S.: Woolrich goose down for the :wh: driver.

**Note** I like to keep the blades out of the drips; sitting on 2 x 4 blocks (as shown in image below). I often back up on 2 x's front to rear when the chains are on; chains out of the dribbles too!

• Like 3

SousaKerry

Just a short video from last night. Battery died on phone before I could get more.

Edited by Sousakerry2
  • Like 2

Hodge71
post-1339-0-82602900-1356609578_thumb.jppost-1339-0-24564500-1356609606_thumb.jpGot about 7" here. the 18 auto will be going to work in about an hour or so. Hopefully my lil guy can get a video of it workin on his iPad for me to upload later, but heres a couple pics from the weekend when I got her ready....
  • Like 4

Hodge71

Well heres a couple links to vids I posted...anyone who says these D series machines cant push snow is way wrong. I have no weight other than my butt and the factory weights on the back. 2 psi of air in the back tires and 25 in the fronts. I have few issues with traction, even on the private road in front of the house which I plow in its entirety. I dont know how it would act with 24 inches but it handled 7 of heavy wet snow without an issue....other than the carb/fuel pump and thats got nothing to do with anything other than a very tired engine that needs some serious TLC....

• Like 7