Cutlas3391

Wanted Wheel Horse Snow Removal Pictures!!

Fun Engineer

These are from last year but the snow fall is the same. Lots of it. :woohoo:

heater018.jpg

I know this smile is not as big as Pork Chops but I'm not as young as he is. I hope when he's my age he'll still have that smile when he's on his tractor.

heater019.jpg

• Like 3

octfst

Me on my 867 plowing about 6" of snow 12-26-12

post-3210-0-68823100-1356725741_thumb.jp

• Like 6

glgrumpy

How about a little MM Wheelhorse GT14?

post-7776-0-74962600-1356736606_thumb.jp

post-7776-0-16985300-1356736619_thumb.jp

• Like 2

roscoemi

Dave, your smile is every bit as big as 'Chops! I told him I was selling the Ranger back to you and he tried taking me out! Lol. The grade on that short drive must be a bear. Another thing, if gps can't find you how does the snow? :teasing-poke:

Fun Engineer

Just lucky Russ :)

For some reason I'm not able to upload the owners manual I scanned so when I get back next week I'll make a copy and put it in the mail. That snow last week was a doozie. I used my Polaris Ranger to push all that heavy wet stuff out of the way. Heading up tomorrow am to play in the snow. :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

roscoemi

Chop wants to know if he can come play too! :happy-jumpeveryone: Gonna go to Traverse tomm to find some seat foam and maybe some rv anti freeze to put some weight in the tires. For some reason Chop thinks your a great guy. :eusa-think: :ychain:

wh5208speed

Finally got some snow worth getting the 314-H out for. Here are my photos from this morning. Thad (Ohio)

post-745-0-11029900-1356796426_thumb.jpg

post-745-0-49161800-1356796440_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

varosd

Thad, great photos, my vote for next years calender! :D

meadowfield

these are last year pics, still waiting for the snow here in the UK!

horseinsnow2.jpg

IMG-20120205-00102.jpg

• Like 4

squonk

Those buildings you guys have over in Europe are the coolest!! :)

SALTYWRIGHT

MY GT-14 IS READY TO GO. I DON;T KNOW IF I CAN GET ON AND OFF OF THE TRACTOR WITH MY VERY BAD BACK.

Lane Ranger

Ok today had more snow and it was wet and heavy so I decided to use the 1958 Wheel Horse RJ and the 42 inch snowplow/dozer blade again-instead of my 1967 Lawn Ranger with the St-324 snowthrower.

Here are some photos of the RJ and plow setup:

dscn6422.jpg

dscn6421.jpg

dscn6420.jpg

dscn6419.jpg

dscn6423.jpg

dscn6417.jpg

dscn6418.jpg

dscn6424.jpg

dscn6425.jpg

dscn6428.jpg

Here is a video with only a few seconds of snow moving but you will get the idea. I was pleased to see how the curved blade on the SPR-42 inch Wheel Horse snowplow/dozer blade used on these RJ's moves the snow and curls it up when you are moving a lot of it. I apply SNOW JET on the blade to give it some added resistence to snow and ice sticking on the blade as you work.

th_dscn6460.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 1

KC9KAS

We got about 5" of snow overnight.

I plowed my dad's, daughters, and my drive along with a few here and there as I worked from 1 end of town to the other...Oh, I spent about an hour cleaning the sidewalks and some of the street at our church.

I don't have any current pictures, but here is a couple from 2 years ago....same tractor & plow with the same "ole me!

GEDC0006.jpg

104_1492.jpg

• Like 2

wh5208speed

Here is a couple more photos from plowing snow today. The tire and chain combo is the best I have ever used. I have tried just about as many different things out there from turf tires, ag tires, chains, no chains, wheel weights, no wheel weights...and this tire "Carlisle HD Field Trax" with 2-link chains and 50lbs weights seems to be the best. I have about a 300 foot driveway on a very steep incline. This setup seems to just plug right along whether we have a wet snow, fine snow, ice, slush....it just works in everything. Thad (Ohio) 314-HSnow-3_zpse5207c0a.jpg314-HSnow-1_zpsce52f212.jpg314-HSnow-2_zps6f671d37.jpg

• Like 5

Fun Engineer

Nice setup Thad. I like those Carlisle's.

LaneRanger. It's amazing what those little RJ's can do.

Just arrived back home after 2 days down state. No new snow :eusa-think:

When I'm done helping my wife take Christmas decorations down I'm heading down the street to find some snow to blow :happy-jumpeveryone:

slufoot733

Got eight more inches of snow over night here in western PA! Had fun two days in a row!

• Like 2

glgrumpy

Well the Charger WINS! Have had the GT14 and the PK and now the Charger 12 all out with a blad this year. This is first outing with the Charger. Did you know chains on small tires can jerk your innards out? Was gonna let a little air out and got blue liquid, so must be loaded? Left them then. Did you know you can go TOO fast with hydros for snow plowing, ha! Manual lift is hard on old guys with bad shoulders, specially when having trouble with locking UP! These things can really push and I was hitting the old banks and even pushing Them back with little effort, all while bairly running fast engine speed. Smaller, turns quicker, I like it best of all of these. NOW.....if it just had a Foot control.....hmmm!

post-7776-0-63047800-1356814631_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

From this afternoon with skimask on. The wind was bitter!

downsized951229121434.jpg

• Like 2

JackC

Charger beats GT14 for plowing? That is a surprise. Just proves bigger is not always better? In spite of having all kinds of tractors, blades and blowers, I actually use a walk behind Ariens 1032 two stage snow blower because it is easy to maneuver and I can put the snow wherever I want it including over the roof, in the neighbor's yard, or across the street. My horses stay warm in the barn resting up for spring, summer, and fall duty. I also have a relatively small area to clear.

glgrumpy

Jack, just MY GT14, which needs more finishing work. It did good when running, yet "running" is not it's best phase, ha!

Wishin.....If you turn that chute in other direction, (like not at YOU or on drive you just plowed) you might have NOT needed that mask! Ha!

KC9KAS

slufoot....I bet that Mustang stays in the garage until ALL the snow is gone!

Looks good from here!

Sparky

From this afternoon with skimask on. The wind was bitter!

downsized951229121434.jpg

Pretty scary ski mask dude!

Mike............

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Wishin.....If you turn that chute in other direction, (like not at YOU or on drive you just plowed) you might have NOT needed that mask! Ha!

I couldnt. That was into the Wind if turned. And that was worse. Another 2 or 3 on the way they say.

bk-scouter

Thad, love those rear Carlisles. Beefy looking. What size are those, and are they mounted on factory width wheels for the 314's ?

-BK

wh5208speed

The Carlisle tire is called "All Trail" part # is 511505 and it is a 23x10.50-12. They are mounted on factory Wheel Horse rims, but they were from a 520H. Here is a photo of the tires without the chains....I really like them....the right balance between turf and ag tires. Easy on the lawn too. Thad (Ohio)

Thad, love those rear Carlisles. Beefy looking. What size are those, and are they mounted on factory width wheels for the 314's ?

-BK

post-745-0-89867100-1356822759_thumb.jpg

• Like 5