Sign in to follow this  
HorseWhisperer

No charge 70 electro

HorseWhisperer

After banging my head reading too many posts,can anyone tell me how many amps my 70 electro 12 might be?The Kohler guide isn't clear enough to me.I can't be conclusive on the recommended test if I can't run them correct.Stopping short of throwing my ammeter out in the snow I call upon the wise men here at holiday RS!

TT

If it still has the breakerless ignition it will have a 10amp stator.

You should still see at least 26 VAC at the stator leads @ WOT.

HorseWhisperer

Wow TT,thanks for the quick response.It does not have breakerless points.that explains a whole lot!If you can answer a couple questions after the holidays would ya pm a # where ya can be reached.I can get over this issue for a week or so.lol btw Thanks,and Merry Christmas!

HorseWhisperer

I mean well and love the ol red iron!I pledge to do what's right to keep us in the recycle mode.If there's one thing I've continued to do is try to keep $ of the =!I'm not in this to make money,only to keep it alive and pass the knowledge on!Long live RED!

Edited by commandomayo

HorseWhisperer

So it turns out after help from TT it's been determined after discovering a third wire sticking out of the blower shroud I have a converted breakerless ignition.Now,with his autopsy results,I can fix what wasn't broke!